Maytag Stove Noise

I have a 15 yr old Maytag stand alone stove that makes a clicking/chattering noise when the oven is on. I had the clock/timer mechanism replaced a few months ago because it was constantly making a clicking/huming noise. A few weeks ago the oven wouldn't ignite so I had to have the ignitor replaced. Since the ignitor was replaced, I now have a clicking/huming noise when the oven is on. It sounds like the noise is coming from the clock??

The Maytag repairman can't figure it out and hasn't been of any help. I hate to replace the stove as it's in excellent condition (except for the noise) and I plan to move in about a year. Would appreciate any input.

Reply to
Yates AT

Working hard, what does that mean, Find out how many hours a day it runs, Alot of thermostats have hour meters, get one so you know what you are talking about. Are your radiators bled, do you have proper altitude, water. Are radiators all open . Does your pump operate correctly.

Reply to
mark Ransley

If you would include some of the original post in your reply, it might be obvious that you are replying to a post in a different thread.

Reply to
Alan

Posting the model number off the stove might help us to know exactly which components in it might be the source of any problems. You can find tips for locating the model number on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked at the bottom of this message.

Is this a mechanical clock or an electronic control?

If electronic, its switching relay(s) may make sounds as they cycle the oven on and off to maintain temperature. A transformer (if used in the control) might also make sounds.

If mechanical, I can't see it having anything to do with sounds as the oven is being used.

Was he there when it was actually making the sound(s)?

Was he an authorized Maytag factory service depot?

A gas range's regulator might make sounds during oven use but I would think a qualified gas appliance service technician should be able to isolate that as the cause if it was acting up while he was there.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi: Thanks for your reply.

The Maytag Stove model number is LCRG 601 01. It has a digital clock. The Maytag repairman is due to come back next week and check the stove out again. From talking to him over the phone, he said he has no idea what it could be...and he doesn't sound like he's interested in trying to find out. He said the stove is old and it does work. He owes me a free service call or I'd call someone else.

I don't know if he's an authorized Maytag repairman, but he owns a store that sells them.

Thanks for the suggestions and the web site. I'll check them out.

AY

Reply to
Yates AT

But mechanical (as far as I can tell) not electronic (ie. glow in the dark numbers) like seen on microwave ovens, VCRs, etc.

I'm not surprised he isn't overly enthusiastic about coming back for free since your current problem likely has nothing to do with his previous ignitor replacement but may be in the clock replaced previous to that.

A factory authorized service depot for the brand of appliance is usually a good first choice to call for service on.

From looking at your model's parts breakdown, the only things I can see which might cause a noise in the console area is the mechanical clock or maybe the transformer (ballast) for the fluorescent light. Other than that, all I can guess is that the gas regulator may have developed a problem.

Let us know what it finally turns out to be.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

I saw on an earlier thread that Ransley is a bit of a lush when it comes to wine coolers. Perhaps this was one of his worst days? Mighta missed his AA meeting?

OTOH, you can't believe most of what you read on Usenet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Fuck off Stormin moron the Hack with a hand You never had a mispost eh, Just alot of every day misdiagnoses. Youve admitted , to what gives repairmen a bad name, but ad stupidity and its a scary combo.

Reply to
mark Ransley