Subject Author Posted Replies

Water level indicator
My drinking water is stored in a metal water tank connected to a tap in my kitchen. Since a new company has taken over the refills have become very erratic. There are small magnetic metal-sheet...
15
15

OT? PCI TV tuner cards
Do you want to record from the satellite feed or OTA? What does your DirecTV satellite box output through the RF port? If it's the same as the video (HDMI, etc) output, there's no point in getting a...
19
19

Grill gauge
I have never really been happy with gas grills. It seems some cook too hot and others do not get hot enough. I have had this old Sams stainless grill for years and the ability to slow cook something...
2
2

white stains on wood floor
Try covering the stain with a dry cotton cloth and rub it with a hot iron for about 2-3 seconds. You could even use a wool pad that has been soaked in lemon rub the wool onto the white dampen the...
5
5

Why you shouldn't use cotton swabs to clean your ears
Why you shouldn't use cotton swabs to clean your ears "Here's why not: Cotton swabs, hair pins, house keys and toothpicks -- the many smaller-than-our-elbow-objects we love to put in our ears -- can...
4
4

Humidifier Thermodynamics Math

Conducting concrete
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 8:24:20 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wr ote: wrote: oncrete is a porous material which may or may not contain water. The floor of your house should never contain...
75
75

OT Email verification?
Is there any way to check to see if an email address is valid? Annoying to ask a question, especially to a company, and not receive a response. Wrong address? Ignored? Mis-sent by someone? Checking...
8
8

Tempstar furnace, pilot light turns on then off in 1 second
I have a Tempstar natural gas furnace. It has electric element for ignition of the pilot. It was working fine all December. Now, it does not work as follows: the draft fan starts and runs correctly,...
1
1

we have a kitchen faucet logo ID?
we have a kitchen faucet with a tone on tone logo (small and difficult to find). The logo is a crown with a box around it......can anyone help us to identify the brand?
3
3

Electrical BX ?
I just saw this Since I saw the same info elsewhere I can assume that BX was originally experimental. WE all know what BX is but does anyone know about the "AX" cable that apparently was never...

What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water
What is the best sponge type for picking up spilled water on a vinyl floor? I've tried those sponge mops that come with a handle and you squeeze them to wring out the water. They dont absorb much...
9
9

OT car paint, clear coat, color coat
Clear coat on first, I can only assume it to seal old paint and retain basic color undercoat for final coat. Normal I apply color coat over proper color primer, then while it's still tacky, apply...
5
5

old GE electric stove oven takes forever to heatup
bought new element we installed but still takes about 30 minutes to get to 350 or 400 Old GE electric smooth top range still love it
2
2

What Breaker Is Compatible With Crouse Hinds Panel?
I need to replace one of these 20A Crouse Hinds breakers with a 15A. This is the best picture that I have, but I'm pretty sure it's a Type MP. I'm not mistaken, CH is now Murray, so I think this is...
10
10