Subject Author Posted Replies

alternatives to roof gutter on a shed?
Hi, Just built a 9x16 shed, raised up 12" on sonotube foundations at the corners and middle. I'm hoping to avoid adding a rain gutter because I hate cleaning the leaves out of it. Neighbors suggested:...
4
4

seal wood
I have a staircase which is under direct sun light (through glass window). After 20 years, the top coat is gone. Usually, when finishing wood, one would applied a coat of sealer to seal pores on the...
1
1

Flourescent bulb whines
I have a Sylvania 75w CFL fluorescent bulb that makes a high-pitched whine when it is on. I could understand a 60hz or even 120hz hum, but what could possibly make a high-pitched whine? Otherwise it...
8
8

Maytag gas range problem
You should have hit SEND right after your first sentence ;-)
10
10

Alternative to Vinyl Downspout Extentions
IDK, what vinyl product you're using. I have both the 4" corrugated round flexible black pipe as well as some smaller green flexible ones that have a rectangle end that fits the downspouts. Used both,...
8
8

OT: Power Inverter
If you don't draw more power from it, the "overhead" of the larger inverter is marginally more than a smaller one.
4
4

Homeadvisor and Angies list
A few years ago I used Home Advisor for a roof. Within a few hours I was contacted by 4 companies. We set up time and dates and all 4 showed up at their appointed time. I had quotes from about $ 8500...
6
6

OT credit card holds by rentacar companies
On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 07:48:30 -0400, micky wrote: I remember you asking part A, for sure
11
11

OT toughest 2 minutes ..
We were happy to be in attendance, in Oshawa Ontario, on Saturday, to witness this new world record : " The toughest 2 minutes in sports " is now approaching an incredible 1:10 ! John T.

Move deck
Are you a total idiot?
15
15

drill bit stuck in drill
I have a Hypertough brand hammer drill I have owned for the past three years. It has seen occasional use, and has done a great job, and not very expensive: after using it with a 1/4" bit to drill into...
7
7

small square with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner
On a webpage, what does a small square with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner mean? It's used on Google translate when one has entered a url instead of words. And a Maryland state url said...
5
5

Loose mortar, stones
Find some stones that are similar to the ones already used. Clean/hose out any dirt. You may need to put some backing in there, eg some Styrofoam to give it a back so the mortar won't fall out on the...
3
3

electric shortage and Acorn stairlift - what happens to stair lift when power is out
[snip] We had about a dozen short brownouts one day last month, where every 5 minutes or so voltage would drop to a little over 50V. The only damage I had was to a desktop computer (just the power...
28
28

electrical troubleshooting in doublewide
Start at the breaker and proceed down the line, follow where it goes, open any boxes along the way. The most likely source of a problem is where there is a connection, eg wire coming out of a...
4
4