Subject Author Posted Replies

USPS shrink wrapping pickup mailboxes
The USPS has shrinked wrapped a mailbox for outgoing mail next to my apartments. Has anyone else seen this? Now, the closest place to drop off mail is at the post office 5 miles away. The guy running...
25
25

USPS package late
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight, they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. :: Aug...
16
16

Cement work
I decided to re-purpose my old basement darkroom. Bought two, 50# bags of cement to more or less level the floor. Sort of bragging to the young woman next door to me that I can still lift 50# bags at...
36
36

OT Why?
OT Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds? If you tie buttered piece of bread to the back of a cat and drop it from a 3rd story wndow, wh at side will it land on? Why are there interstate...
47
47

Auto Program you TV for OTA stations
We have an antenna tower with a antenna rotor. How do I auto program the channels with the rotor in use ? Every time you start the programming, it wipes the previous channels. I want to be able to set...
66
66

Welding on Galvanized Steel
I started to read how to weld on Galvanized steel, and quickly found how dangerous it is. But I was watching some videos on U-Tube where zinc plated nuts are being welded to sheet-metal. Is it safe to...
7
7

Combo Plasma cutter / MIG welder ...
New to welding, looking for a machine to learn on. Searched and found a lot of Plasma cutters, then found some combo machines that will weld and cut, but I dint find any the specifically state that...
5
5

flooring for detached garage
What kind of material could be used for the upper floor of a brick detached garage ? I was thinking of some something like laminate wood or similar,but much of the stuff says not for unheated...
7
7

Grey Washing Kitchen Cabinets
I have maple kitchen cabinets and am thinkin of grey washing them. Anyone have some insightful advice?
2
2

fitting vinyl plank flooring for weird bathtub skirt profile
Hi All, Need to install waterproof vinyl plank flooring in a bathroom. The bathtub skirt has cutouts about 1 foot long at the front and rear. The cutouts are sweeping shapes from thin to thick. The...
12
12

portable butane tank expiration
While trying to get two portable butane tanks filled at a different place than I usually do, the employee was looking intently at the tanks. I asked him, what are you doing? He was looking for the...
17
17

Grey Washing Kitchen Cabinets
I have maple kitchen cabinets and am thinkin of grey washing them. Anyone have some insightful advice?

Vomiting after ingestion, and how to do so? (2024 Update)
To induce vomiting or not to induce vomiting? It does irritate me that bleach for example says "do not induce vomiting" (with no explanation - I need an explanation or I won't obey). Well I'd ignore...
67
67

Old Style Florescent Ballast On Load Sid of GFI Tripping Breaker
I'm trying to install a GFI in my kitchen. I also have a florescent light over my sink, So I've put the GFI and it's two outlets in the box and a single switch next to it. I've followed two sets of...
4
4

treehouse attachment bolts
A company was sued on Pipple's Court for nol returning a deposit after taking too long to finish a treehouse. The respondent said that one of the delays was waiting 7 days until treehouse attachment...
21
21