shower door/ceiling space

Is there a recommended distance between the top of a glass shower door and the ceiling? If the door is 72" and the ceiling is 80", is that enough air flow space? Would the ceiling fan need to be placed as close to the shower door as possible?

Reply to
Jayne

Eight inches sounds like plenty. The fan location needs to be balanced so that the whole room is ventilated, not just the shower. If putting it near the shower means it's at least somewhat centered, that's good because that is where a lot of the moisture will be. I would also prefer it closer to the toilet, perhaps between the two. But in many bathrooms the fan is also the light, so it winds up needing to be near the center.

Reply to
trader_4

BTW, I hope that ceiling is a soffit over the shower. If it's the ceiling for the whole bathroom, 6' 8" is a mighty low ceiling.

Reply to
trader_4

It is the ceiling for the whole room. That is how the basement was built. Given that, I thought about tiling the ceiling as well. Hope that makes sense

Reply to
Jayne

Thank you for the advice on the fan. It won't have a light .... the toilet is close to the shower so I will position it accordingly.

Reply to
Jayne