Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitchen Back splash - Design Help required
Good Morning...I am getting ready to do my kitchen back splash and need a little design help for the area where the tile will end. The tile will end at the area of my kitchen where there is a...

What kind of drill bit for bathroom tiles?
Am putting up a shower curtain rail. What type and size(?) of drill/ drill bit should I use? Any other advice welcome.
14
14

Deck stain improvement experiment
This follows the threads "recipe to restore VOCs?" and "more on paint/ stain VOCs." It's my experiment on "doctoring" deck stain to get better performance. This is Episode 1. I bought a pint of...
4
4

Can I put a coffee warmer on a dimmer switch?
Most coffee mug warmers are under-powered. One reviewer on Amazon said that they were restricted to about 24 watts by law. This one made for warming the whole coffee pot. It says it's 120V/15amp....
36
36

Hot Mop or Torch Flat Roof?
I have a flat roof with air conditioning duct work on the roof that is leaking near the penetrations. I am going to have the roof torn off and put on a new roof. Should I use torch or hot mop? Can you...
8
8

Concrete Emergency
My wife and I have a very unusual situation. A plastic bottle of a "Cactus Food" tipped over and sat in the solution for a day or so. It is a slightly low spot of our concrete patio so it did not...
5
5

Honda generators
I almost bought a Honda EU2000i generator at the state fair 2 years ago (best price I'd seen) but I passed on it, mostly because I'd taken the bus to the fair and didn't want to wag the thing home on...
97
97

Old Shower Mixer Valve
I have a vintage 1971 Price-Pfister single handle shower-tub mixer valve that has decided not to shut off without a lot of handle wiggling. I took the cover off, and for the life of me can't figure...
1
1

CFL's with a generator
I replaced all my incandescents with CFLs. With the recent power outages here (Ohio) I bought a generator and was wondering if the CFLs can handle the fluctuation of the generator.What I mean by the...
7
7

Clear epoxy?
Is there a clear epoxy that will bond glass (crystal) to brass. The glass door knob handle came off of the brass seat.
5
5

Paint or stain?
We are going to be getting new exterior doors to replace our 35 year old doors. The original doors were wood and were stained on the interior and exterior to match the trim on the inside of the house....
3
3

Sanding Hardwood Floor?
Went to Home Depot yesterday and see they have two sanders for rent. One is a belt sander and the other is a large orbital. Both are intended for floors. I just need to take the varnish off an old...
20
20

Cleaning grout
What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?
12
12

Shed ramp question
Due to the height of a shed floor and the slope of the yard, I need to make a ramp that is about 6 to 7ft long. The ramp needs to support up to 700lbs. If I put the joists of the ramp 12" on center,...
17
17

Need a plumber
Anyone know of a good plumber in Seattle area? I have a leak under my sink and don't want to be taken to the cleaners to get it repaired. Thanks!
2
2