Ceramic Tile backsplash question

Getting my backsplash done in ceramic tile. Just thinking about the electrical outlets and how am I to go about getting them flush again after tiling?

Any insight would be great. Thanks. Steve

Reply to
SteveC

box extenders. available at the electrical supply store.

Reply to
charlie

Longer screws

Reply to
Oren

I think the best thing would be to install box extenders now, but keep them loose. In the past I have removed the outlets so that the tile guy can do his thing. When I come back to reinstall the outlets the screw holes are sometimes covered or they tiled over a small portion of the box which makes it impossible to get the device back in. Much of my time is then spent chipping away at the tile to get the outlet back in the box. If you install the extender with the outlets now the tile guy will cut the tile to conform around the extenders. Just keep them away from the wall a little so that he can get his tile behind. Of course this idea may backfire and he may install the tile around the extender without leaving a surface for it to rest on.

Reply to
John Grabowski