Subject Author Posted Replies

Foundation Wall Repair
Greetings All. We just had a sustained rainfall and luckily had very little water come into the basement. The only spot it leaked through is a below grade concrete wall. I thought I heard of a product...
8
8

Painting Questions
Does anyone have any experience with Behr Elastomeric paint? How well will it go through this gun else I need to be aware of besides preping well?...

Flat Roof: Sand Coating?
I live in an old farm house that has one section of fairly flat roof, it only falls one foot for twelve feet of run. About every third year I have to haul a 5-gallon bucket of roof sealant up there...
7
7

Fluorescent Lamp socket
One of the bi-pin lamp socket is damaged and I need to replace it. I bought new sockets but here the problem. The damaged socket has three wires (two white and a silver) Two wires, silver/white, are...

NJ sales tax on HVAC
Hi all, What does this phrase from the NJ sales tax guidance mean? "The purchase and installation of an air conditioner is taxable when the unit is placed into an existing space or metal casing that...
11
11

Cost of metal roofing
I'm getting bids for a new stone-coated steel roof, and I'm shocked at the prices I've been quoted. Both the bids I've gotten are around $15000 for a one-story house of about 1400 square feet. If...
8
8

OT Papekess
I use direct draft for all my utility bills and have been for years. I still get a paper statement at the end of each month. I would be just as convenient to get an email as a paper statement, if the...
2
2

Removing Gunk from Fuel Tank
I am in Cincinnati beginning my 4th day on generator power - all of 3500 watts, but I'm damn glad to have it. This is a generator that my father bought in 1978. We tested it when it was new, then it...
24
24

Need Plumber (Bellevue)
Looking for a plumber to repair toilet and bathtub in a Nea Zmirni apartment before I arrive at the end of August. If you can help or can recommend someone, please contact me.
4
4

Looking to switch from Radiant to baseboard heat
I am looking to update my heating system in my home. I live in a ranch house that is approximately 5500 sq/ft. The downstairs (~2000 sq/ft) is finished and has radiant heat in the floor. The upstairs...
7
7

Sheetrock repair
I have a finished basement, with painted sheetrock on the walls. One of the walls got water damaged a year ago, due to outside flooding. The exterior problem has since been fixed, and everything is...
6
6

Local Plumbers HELP!!
Hi, I just moved to the area last Tuesday (Bellevue) and was lucky to be met a day later with a blocked toilet that is clogged farther down than a plunge or snake can fix. Yay, what fun! Anyhoo, I was...
5
5

Why drive off wooden windowills?
I had the wood-framed windows on the West side redone recently by a professional painter. They were in terrible shape from years of neglect and hot sun. I had prepped some of the sills by sanding a...
7
7

Sink Materials
We have been bouncing all over the place so I'm posing the question to the public, what's the best sink material for a kitchen sink? We have looked at stainless steel with sound deadening and it's...
12
12

14 and 12 gauge wiring problem
I know that you cannot use 14 gauge wire in a 20amp circuit because 14 gauge can only handle 15 amps, but I ran into a problem with my bathroom remodel. I have a huge mirror on one wall that also has...
26
26