Subject Author Posted Replies

DIY "Joe the Plumber" kit
After you complete your 8,000 hours* of apprentice training and pass your journeyman's test, you will be eligible to procure the items in the following kit: may be optional, depending on your...
2
2

installing laundry outlet--water hammer plumbing
I'm installing a laundry box outlet with hot/cold copper supply lines. I plan to put inverted "T"s close to the outlets with a capped end on a short piece of vertical pipe. Probably will be using...
8
8

Can anyone top this elec box repair estimate?
I have a rental house that I had the electric service box replaced 20 years ago. At that time I paid $450 for a new box installed with all new breakers and a new service gizmo for the meter to sit in....
1
1

kitchen back splash -- WOODEN. What kind of paint? Num coats?
Five or so years my wife had a new kitchen put in (same room, but redone). For beauty, backsplash was wood. I suggested waterproof paint. Both she and the builder (known for "beautiful" work) nixed...
8
8

Btahtub drain lever is stuck
Suddenly I cannot move the lever that moves the plug to keep the water in the tub. It is completely stuck and I cannot move it up or down. How do I fix this? Thanks
4
4

Glue for sliding laminate into position
Hi, Can anyone recommend a glue that would permit me to cover a plastic laminate countertop by SLIDING a section of new laminate into position over it? I can't use contact cement because the...
11
11

old carpet
Tearing up some old carpet upstairs. Anybody need any sand? Thinking theres enough fo a small sandbox!!
7
7

Laminate - how to cut a round piece?
Hi, Can anyone give me suggestions on the simplest and most precise way to cut Formica plastic laminate into a round piece 42" in diameter out of a 4x4 sheet? Thanks...
6
6

Hydrant Flushing a Plumbing Problems
The town (in Massachusetts) recently flushed the hydrants in my neighborhood . Now, the cold water in the washing machien runs too slowly (there's no filter that I can find), the water to one of...
11
11

Trying to determine whether refrigerator is okay or not.
About a year ago, I noticed that the inside of my late 80's Hotpoint refrigerator was sweating a lot and it seemed that it was running warm in the refrigerator section. Freezer was fine, I had...
4
4

knob and tube
How dangerous is it to have old knob and tube wiring in your home? Kenan Accutech delivers innovative trust and wealth management solutions with exceptional, personalized service to over 250 banks and...
34
34

Problem with garbage disposer
My 2 year old InSinkErator garbage disposer stopped working. No spinning, grinding, no sound at all. I checked the voltage in the outlet it is connected to and it is OK. What can be a problem and what...
7
7

Help: LG F1622TDGD5 washing machine - "cable" virbration
I have an LG F1622TDGD5 1600rpm spin speed washing machine. It has been levelled but whilst spinning there is a very annoying and loud vibration which to me sounds like a cable battering itself...

DIY can be MORE expensive than pro...
If you don't know what you are doing, maybe best to call a pro... There was a homeowner who had a low wattage water heater which worked fine on a 240V 15 amp breaker. Then one day a heating...
23
23

20 AMP in Kitchen
I put a 20 AMP Outlet in the kitchen the old outlet was 15 amp......my thinking is most kitchens (house built 1986) should have 20 AMP Breakers and the wiring is cooper romax Should I go back to the...
11
11