Exterior Latex House Paint Indoors ?

Hello,

Can the regular Exterior Latex house paint be also used (safely) indoors ? e.g., on interior walls and ceiling.

If so, any caveats to doing so ? Any potential gotchas if used indoors ?

Thanks, bob

Reply to
Robert11

i did that in my basement to help prevent mold growth. exterior paint contains chemicals to prevent mold etc

Reply to
hallerb

Normally you would not want to do this. Most exterior paint is self cleaning. That means it is designed so the exterior slowly is worn away and along with it any dirt. You really don't want to do this inside. Often you can take your hand and rub the siding and it will come off on your hand.

The conditions inside are different enough that it is better to use paint designed for that use.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

Chalking is what flat oil does, I have not seen that on quality latex but it will not clean as well and is a softer finish.

Reply to
ransley

Use Kitchen and Bath lated - Bejamin Moore 322 or Shirwin Williams Duration are both good. I always use a bit of Floetrol on cabinets.

Reply to
clare

These paints cause mental impairment, and that is why he cannot use the cap button.

EJ in NJ

Reply to
Ernie Willson