Energy efficient threshold

I'm re-doing an entrance door because SWMBO found a nice 36" ThermaTru door she liked at an estate sale.

It's not pre-hung, and it is bigger than the old entrance door so I'm building the jamb from scratch.

I thought it would be fairly simple to pick up a good threshold, then use stock weatherstrip for the doorstops.

No luck at the Borgs- and I've been wandering around online for a while and haven't seen anything as nice as what comes on the factory prehung doors.

I'm in NY so I want something to keep the winter outside. Wood & aluminum with a rubber center- and a way to adjust it is my goal.

Any thoughts on particular thresholds- or sources that might have some choices?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Might try calling ThermaTrue and see if they would sell you a frame. Based on what I noted on one we recently installed, their thresholds are super nice. If your project door has been modified in some way, then perhaps you could persuade them to sell you the individual pieces so you could pot together a complete prehung assembly. We bought our prehung door through our local lumber yard, so you may also have to work with a local seller to get what you need, Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe