Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacing Electric BB Thermostats
Howdy all, Here's my Joe Electrician story :) Have electric basebd heat with wall thermostats, none of which have an Off setting. (house 40 yrs old) I want to replace the wall controls with units...
1
1

Garage door trouble
Our garage door goes down but then goes back up again. I know how to adjust the down force and seem to have to do that regularly. Now even that doesn't seem to help. One other clue about the door....
7
7

Mushroom in bathroom
My wife discovered a mushroom in the bathroom yesterday. We have a two-story colonial in a fairly most part of the country. The mushroom was growing out of the corner formed by the floor, the bathtub,...
5
5

Telephone junction block
Am I just using the wrong terminology or am I looking for something that doesn't exist anymore? My phone line comes into the house then splits off in 6 directions. Originally all the red/green...
25
25

Septic Tank Cover Question ?
Hello, Son and wife have bought a 30 year old house. Backyard is quite nice, and level. Question: we have (just) noticed that the septic pit that one pumps out occasionally, the outflow of which goes...
5
5

New Sump Pump Stored 7.5 years
I decided to replace my still-working but aging sump pump with one (1/3 hp Wayne CDU790) that I got 7.5 years ago and kept stored in its original packaging. When I took the pump out of the original...
10
10

Winterizing
Just what are you all doing? I want to see if I missed anything. In offer for your time, one of mine (needed here) is to spider spray the heck out of every opening, windows, doors, etc. As it cools...
2
2

Foundation - Piling suspended above base by 1"
I noticed this before, and now have a mind to do something about it: There are a number of pilings in the interior foundation of my 98 year old 2 story 1925 square foot house. One of them doesn't...
1
1

Installing a coax outlet on an interior upstairs wall
My wife has given me a project - move the TV in our upstairs bedroom from one side of the room to the other. Right now, the coax outlet is on an interior wall, it was installed by a contractor of the...
7
7

Help with building machine.
I have been seeing so many around me get rich by doing non-physical labor jobs I need to take a crack at it. I have some plans and need some help with the electronics of the plan. I am designing a...
10
10

Kenmore Clothes Dryer Ignition ?
Hello, Might anyone be able to tell me if an older (probably more than 10 yrs) Kenmore gas Clothes Dryer "Soft Heat." has electronic ignition or an always on pilot ? Tried via Google, but no luck. The...
2
2

Insulating under floor
Got my crawl space dug out so I can move around. Want to insulate w/ R19 bats. Joists are 2x6 approx. 24 inches on center. What's the best way to hold up the insulation? Can't staple the...
12
12

HI AMP ELECTRIC asks Can you find a good reliable electrician or contractor?
I'd rather someone to find the problem correctly.
1
1

what are "female reducers" used for?
This part was in a catalog of rigid conduit fittings. It is just like a reducing bushing, threaded inside and out, but it also has a "hex nut" flange one one end so it can be turned with a wrench....
1
1

Concrete topping - tough and rigid?
I have a section of concrete floor (1-1/2" thick x 60 square feet) that is fragmented and deflects slightly when I walk on it because the 5/8" plywood subfloor was inadequately fastened to the joists....
6
6