Subject Author Posted Replies

Osmosis filters and septic systems
Over the next few months we're building a new house in a rural area on 25 acres. The 410 foot well is terrific, but the water has a slight salty taste which apparently is sodium, so we'll have an...
21
21

tall storage cabinet
Been looking at the 2 door, 4 shelf plastic ones in the 72Hx30Wx20L neighborhood. Any outstanding ones for the money? 100-200 range Thanks! LA
1
1

Washing Machine Motors
Anyone have any links showing how washing machine motors work? I have a Kenmore that's perhaps 10 years old and the motor will sometimes run, sometimes just buzz. There is some kind of switch thingy...
21
21

Generac G2400 Parts
I have an older Generac portable generator that I need a set of points and condenser for. It has a Generac engine, not a B&S. The numbers I find on it are: Model 8836-0 Serial #037541 Engine #211778 ....
3
3

hold mirror while mastic cures?
I want to glue a mirror to a bathroom wall using mirror mastic like this: the mastic is curing, what is a good way to hold the mirror in place that preferably does not leave any holes on the wall? It...
9
9

Grounding cable
I have a grounding cable coming out of the side of a brick house and it can't be pulled thru to make any longer so I'm stuck with the length provided. It detached from the grounding rod and appears...
13
13

Home Depot Warning
Went shopping at my local Home Depot the other day. Browsing through the kitchen cabinet section I see one of the computers that the HD people use to write your order. It has a big warning on the...
79
79

How to change a light bulb???
I never though I would as this question, but... I have a ceiling fixture that is a two blub domed glass on a metal ceiling mount. It was purchased at home depot. There is NO discernable means to...
11
11

Gas Log Repair
One of the actual fiber logs is broke. Can it be glued together? What glue works?
2
2

Problem with a Circuit Breaker
Hello. Here is my situation. ---------- I live in a single-family home in Chicago. On our circuit breaker, the #12 switch controls the following: 1) ALL lights and electrical sockets in one bathroom,...
6
6

venetian blinds
I need to repair a front window (horizontal blinds) that don't close or open properly. I saw a site that shows it briefly and they claim it to be simple to fix. Is it really as simple as they say and...
5
5

How to clean inside storm windows
For picture storm windows (those screwed on outside a non-opening window) which have become hazy inside, is this right? 1. Have a partner. 4x6 windows are heavy. 2. Unscrew the screws, holding the...
2
2

substitute for "1/4" v notch" trowel
I'm going to be putting one of those tub wall surround kits from Home Depot (ASB brand). The instructions call for a "1/4 v-notch" trowel to spread the adhesive on the wall. However, I'm having...
7
7

RED electrical wire in ceiling junction box
Thanks in advance. I am installing a light fixture with three wires: Black - Hot White - Neutral Copper - Ground The Junction has four wires coming out. They are all capped as this junction box has...
14
14

Chimney Balloon
I am thinking of getting one. Anyone have a cheaper solution? I do want to be able to insert/remove it.
2
2