Subject Author Posted Replies

remote control question
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work. The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the remote control. Can I use any universal remote control to add the...
16
16

descaling a tankless water heater
We remodeled and put in a tankless water heater in fall of '06. The guy who installed it was here to do a small plumbing job and mentioned that the factory recommends a descaling flush once a year...
17
17

Great Job Awards...
Swiped from a post on alt.hvac is believing.... Jeff http://www.mysporttrac.com/~library/10452/code%20pictures.pdf
9
9

magnetron characteristics?
Is there some place to look up Microwave Magnetron Sharp 2M240G-A251 characteristics-size and is it 1250watt, 2450MHz type (i.e can it be replacement for Magnetron Sharp 2m237-a064 )?
6
6

Painting old silver plate
We have some old silverplated decorative birds on which the silver plate is just shot. Not worth attempting to replate. However, we could see painting them for occasional use. My thought is to simply...
5
5

Sprinkler system layout question
I'm replacing some old sprinkler piping with PVC. A one inch pipe ends branching off using a "T" fitting to the right in a 10 foot run and to the left for 70 feet. For the 10 foot run to the right...
6
6

honda snow blower repair
I have a Honda HS 520 snow blower,trying to replace the scrapper bar which has 3 carriage bolts,I cant seem to get the flanged nuts off,the whole bolt turns,being carriage bolts there is no way to...
8
8

Filling in concrete cavity below grade
In order to pass a 3/4" PVC electrical conduit from inside of the house to outside of the house below grade, I had to chip out part of the concrete block wall, and since it's below grade on the...
4
4

Compare...
These pictures of three recent presidents as they help around the house: Reagan http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucianne/DailyPhoto/2009-02-26.jpg...
6
6

White spots after aplpying poly coat to wood floor
I had to refinish some worn spots in my wood floor, some of the poly and stain was worn away due to foot traffic. I found a perfect match in stain (MinWax wood finish) and brushed it over the worn...
3
3

Repairing old Radio Shack equipment
I have an old Radio Shack multi meter, 22-166A. I talked to Radio Shack about betting it fixed, and they said that for something this old I'm pretty much out of luck. Does anyone here know of a...
31
31

Generac transfer switch burnout if main power returns in brownout condition
We live in a rural community which has the typical power outages. A few weeks back, a storm ripped through Ohio on it's way to the East Coast. We lost power for almost 5 days. The Generac kicked...
5
5

Insulation Question
(I had been posting in another thread, but I kept getting error messages when I tried to add another reply. As such, I'm seeing if a new thread will take my submission.) We are thinking of adding...
20
20

How to Install Roof Vent Guard? -- 2nd Try
Because no one has responded the first time around, let me post my question one last time before I give up: I need to know the way to install a roof vent guard over a round roof- mounted vent fan. The...
8
8

Hardie Plank Questions (and Answers???)
Our 25 year old Florida block home has stucco on the rear of the house, and on both sides below the gables. The top above the gables is grooved wood paneling. The front is natural stone and also...
3
3