concrete driveway - how think should the slab be for 7,000 pounds diesel truck

I'm thinking of having at least part of our gravel driveway concreted. My question is, what should I ask for?

I'm wanting to do this because the driveway has a small slope down from the road then back up toward the house, with a slope down to the driveway on one side. The gravel keeps puddling, and after our record rains this has become a real problem. The biggest thing that sits on the driveway is a diesel pickup weighing in at around 7,000 pounds.

How thick a slab should we get, how much reinforcing, etc. The area I want to do is about two cars (maybe 15 feet wide, and probably 30-40 feet long.

Any info appreciated.

CH

Reply to
Chris Hill

"Chris Hill" wrote

Hi Chris, by 'puddling' do you mean water is collecting at the dip, or that gravel is shifting to there which you have to move back up?

Just checking. Might be both happening for all I can tell from the post.

Reply to
cshenk

The contractor will know what you need and the best way to do it. Grading and possibly compacting may have to be done. There are colors and many finishes available. Check out here for more info

Ed Pawlowski