WB13T10047

I have a kitchen gas stove which does not seem to spark properly. I have ordered and replaced the WB13T10047 spark module twice from 2 different suppliers I found online (D&D Appliance Parts and

. The stove seems simple enough, so I think spark module is the only thing that could go wrong. I suspect that both suppliers are using either refurbished or gray market goods. How would I verify this? Do you think I am wrong or just have had an incredible streak of bad luck or can't fix a stove?

Reply to
Deodiaus

I use a wire brush on the electrode that sparks to the burner and the burner area where it grounds, when mine fails from grease and spilled food. Do you have 120v to the unit.

Reply to
ransley

I don't mean to be nasty, but consider the balance of probabilities. Which is more likely: *two* *different* vendors sold you the same defective part, or you guessed wrong about the nature of the problem?

I was going to say, "you misdiagnosed the problem", but you don't appear to have performed any actual diagnosis: "seems simple enough, so [you] think spark module is the only thing that could go wrong..." isn't diagnosis. That's guessing.

I know which of the two probabilities *I* think is more likely.

Do some actual diagnosis before you throw more money away. Get a multimeter and see if there's current at the spark module. Make sure the wires to and from the spark module are good.

Reply to
Doug Miller

frezzstat30 had written this in response to

:

------------------------------------- Doug Miller wrote:

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 351604 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
frezzstat30

frezzstat30 had written this in response to

:

when you turn burner > In article

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 351604 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
frezzstat30

frezzstat30 had written this in response to

:

if not then more then likly switch at end of valve stem may have gotten water > In article

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 351610 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
frezzstat30

Well, on the old one, all units fire when I turn on the gas. On the new ones, only the right front unit fires, regardless of which unit I turn on.

Reply to
Deodiaus