Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas dryer broke, tumbles but does not dry.
Oddly enough, two weeks after my GE Profile washer broke (which turned to be an easy home fix), now my dryer is broke. This is a about 2.5 years old GE Profile dryer that uses natural gas for heating....
19
19

Outside Deck Light Installation
Hello, Wish to install an outside Deck light. Would be about nine feet or so above the Deck, and fastened to an outside (wooden) wall. It .looks like it will be tough to run the wires thru the inside,...
5
5

Need advice on HVAC emergency
My house is a 2 bedroom ranch style build in 1953. It sits on a concrete slab - no basement or crawl space. The air ducts for the furnace are down in the slab. The house has a rectangular shape, and...
28
28

QuikRete Pre-Mixed "Concrete" Question
Hello, Have a wooden mailbox post that has loosened up quite a bit in the hole. Probably about 1/2 to 1 inch gap around the 4 sides. If I get the Pre-mixed Quikrete, can I "just" pour the pre-mixed...
5
5

Rumbling noise when Maytag electric dryer starts
My dryer is a 1989 Maytag model, electric, no bells and whistles. Last year, I had the rollers and the drum itself replaced because of an ongoing squealing noise the thing was making. Now, for about a...
6
6

sewer pipe vs schedule 40
My plumber is in the process of replacing my sewer connection to the city sewer and wants to use a turquoise colored sewer pipe. It seems very flimsy and thin walled. All the plumbing work I have done...
14
14

refrigerator incontinence
Our refrigerator (freezer-on-top, GE "No Frost", c 1980) has suddenly started producing large amounts of water along the underside of the freezer door - possibly only at the 'open' corner. Both the...
12
12

"This Is An Important Message Regarding Your Credit Card/Auto Warranty/..."
Hi, For the past few months I have been bugged by automated telemarketers with spiels starting with "This is an important message regarding your credit card" and a similar one about my expiring auto...
56
56

Cleaning Ceramic tile for reuse
First..let me thank everyone who responded to my earlier post about matching the existing tile. Nothing has been found so I will have to come up with a pattern in a contrasting style/color. While...
8
8

water seal on pressure treated wood?
I have a new deck that has pressure treated wood. I used Thompsons water seal on it to try to keep the new dark look of the wood instead of it fading. The last 2 years the water seal flaked off after...
3
3

Garage door opening randomly
I have a sears garage door opener that opens when it wants. I've removed the batteries from the key pad outside the door, so that's ruled out I have one remote in my truck that is in my driveway and...
21
21

Natural gas pipe size question
I am remodeling two of the apartments in a 3-unit apartment building that I own. It's a 3-floor building with one apartment on each floor. All of the utilities are separate, so each apartment pays all...
13
13

Source for 55 gallon plastic drum ?
I would like to own a 55 gallon drum , preferably made of plastic. I want this to be able to haul K-1 kerosene fuel for my oil heaters. I suppose I could use a metal drum but prefer the plastic as it...
47
47

Dryer cutting off mid cycle
My dryer is cutting off mid cycle and not drying the clothes. I have read that this could be the motor going out or the lint hose is clogged. Well I took the back of the dryer off and cleaned the hose...
4
4

car repair
Anyone know of a good car repair newsgroup or forum? Problems with my '98 Escort.
20
20