Moss removal

My mother lives on the ground floor of a condo. Her patio floor is aggregate and there is a lot of moss growing on the floor. Does anyone have an easy solution for getting rid of the moss? Pressure washing is not an option as there is no water access for a hose on her deck. Thanks.

Reply to
RemiRemi

"RemiRemi" wrote in news:dx%Nl.35672$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.iad:

Kind of hard to understand why a hose can't be run to it? Can you elaborate on this? Maybe get some additional suggestions. A garden hose can be run from an indoor faucet with adapters. Often used for portable dishwashers. Also, hose could be directly attached to a laundry supply I believe.

A bleach solution often kills growth stuff like moss, algae, etc but that's not going to actually remove it from a surface. Unlike an algae growth, moss is usually thick. Sound like what you have?

Reply to
Red Green

Condo units should have at least one "common use" hose bib. Maybe one per 3-6 units?

Reply to
Oren

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Might be fun to go to the Borg and pick an ill-informed look employee in the plumbing section (should spawn a bunch of wise cracks). Ask for an adapter to go from std hose fitting to a hydrant.

Reply to
Red Green

Bleach?

Reply to
HeyBub

Moss or mold, any Moss Ive seen is thick and growing in dirt, mold can be easily killed with laundry bleach. But you really should get a hose set up to clean and rinse once in a while. You can spray on the bleach and let it dry then runoff wont hurt plants , it will just smell for a day though. I have shade areas I use bleach on several times a year, just get a cheap garden sprayer. I cant believe a condo has no water access, but if not there are sink adaptors to thread on a garden hose, just be sure its a good hose, once mine broke and sprayed my living room, trashed a new Gibson guitars neck a 1400$ Nighthawk, luckily Gibson stands behind their warranty.

Reply to
ransley

Moss is destroyed by copper compounds. Local gardening store should have it. Just recently used a copper fungicide on plants and sprayed leftover on lawn moss and it killed it ... temporarily of course for the underlying cause of the moss will still be there unless I lime the lawn there extensively and cut down the forest shading the lawn.

Reply to
nospamplse

Get some moss killer at Home Depot. It's ground zinc, copper and other acidic metals. Sprinkle it around the the moss won't grow anymore. Get one of those hose adapters for the kitchen sink or use a blow torch to remove the moss growth already there.

Reply to
Hipupchuck

do exist. And then you need a hydrant wrench.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And, then, a stiff bristled push broom about a hour later.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why would your guitar have mold/moss on it? What would possess you to spray it with water?

Reply to
CF

Hipupchuck wrote in news:ydWdnSTsGoFLW5XXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

OP:

As suggested, the zinc & copper will do it and prevent future growth as long as traces of it are around and not washed away. They are used in roofing as well. Impregnated into shingle manufacture to prevent algae growth. Zinc & copper strips are also placed on roofs on the upside so the rain washes it down and prevents growths.

Reply to
Red Green