Subject Author Posted Replies

1/3 or 1/2 hp sump pump?
What factors must I consider on whether I need a 1/3 or 1/2 hp sump pump?
19
19

Ceiling rafters attached to header
I have a kitchen/dining combo room divided by an arch. The arch is a 4 X 12 header that I want to move into the attic. I want to butt the ceiling rafters into the header beam so that the ceiling is...
7
7

Rockwell Sonicrafter??
Has anyone used the Rockwell Sonicrafter as compared to the Fein MultiMaster, and at less than half the price, is it less than half as good? Free shipping on millions of items. Get the best of...
8
8

Pool Pump Capacitor
Is the physical size of a capacitor important? My pool pump is making a habit of blowing it's capacitor ever few weeks. The best price I can see on line for this particular model is $75, however a...
4
4

silent hydraulic garage door openers?
I'm watching Flashpoint and they want to open the garage door remotely. Will the hostage holders inside hear it. No, it's state of the art hydraulic. Do they really have silent hydraulic garage door...
16
16

12v adapter for lights
I bought a lighting system from Ikea ~2 years ago, made of 3 halogen lamps, each being 12V 20W. It's mounted on electrical wires. The adaptor died. It is actually a little scary as one wire feeding...
41
41

removing shower head
I need to remove the shower head on a delta monitor. I have never done this before. Do I need to turn off the water supply? I'm assuming that the shower head just unscrews. Will I need to put some...
10
10

Generator question
Question, I have a 5000 watt (6250 max) portable generator with a Tecumseh 10hp flat head engine. With the generator running with no load the rpm is about 3610-3620rpm. With a heavy load on it the rpm...
7
7

What Make of Furnace is good to buy?
Hello... My 30 yr old gas furnace is not energy efficient and very noisy...time to replace it... I plan on having it replaced with a high efficiency gas furnace...so far I have had two contractors...
16
16

Vinyl flooring against ceramic tile wall in bathroom -- what about the gap?
What to do about the small gap (which the flooring instructions say must be left) where the flooring meets a ceramic-tiled wall. I'd rather not install molding to cover the gap; how about using a...
6
6

Speaking of crappy products lately...
Add one more thing to products which no longer last... My 1996 car has plastic headlights and these "yellow" with age so you can barely see at night! I thought I was going night blind... Anyway in the...
16
16

Roof conversion
I have a small ranch with a pitched roof. I want to change it to a gambrel roof so I can put a couple rooms upstairs. Do I have to have it ripped entirely off and a new gambrel roof put on or can they...
2
2

How to start with construction of my dream house?
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors? I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have to describe the job then wait to get called from a...
19
19

Recessed Lights Selection
I have been reading recessed light buyer's guide online and the more I read it the more confusing I get. I understand the difference between IC and NON-IC housing. I will be getting IC housing as I am...
15
15

Proper Primer on Wood before Gloss Enamel
Painting some wooden signs that are going to have digital prints adherred to it. Sign shop told me to paint them with the "proper primer" and then a "gloss enamel" so that the digital prints will...
8
8