Subject Author Posted Replies

Smell from Kitchen Sink
I have a strong smell coming from kitchen sick that just won't go away.........it smells quite strong. I have removed the cap that screws on at the bottom and nothing there and I have checked and...
7
7

Questions about pressure treated 6 X 6 steps ??
About 5 years ago, I installed a set of outdoor steps leading up to a gazebo. These steps are made out of 6 X 6 pressure treated timbers. The steps are planted into the ground, and staked with rebar....
7
7

How to repair gutter nails
We had a big thaw around Albany, NY last week and I got out in my backyard to look around a little at what winter did to the yard. The yard is OK but I noticed that half of the nails holding the...
10
10

wireless fence
Hello all, I have a dog that is roaming too much. I would like to try one of the collars that work with a "wireless" fence. Does anyone have experience or recommendations? Thanks
20
20

Buying junk from China without quality control. (2023 Update)
Some 5/8=94 faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64=94 Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who=92s name begins with W may...
15
15

Central hose vacuum as dust collector?
Hoping to acquire from a relative an unused 'central va' unit. Welcome opinion as to whether this unit would be OK (with new ducting to each main tool) for an occasional wood worker's shop...
11
11

Electrical Breaker and dust collector question
I have a Delta 1.5 Hp dust collector I bought used, so I'm not sure how old it is. I currently have it plugged into the 20 amp circuit in my shop. I also have a Rigid TS3650 Table Saw, plugged...
24
24

Installing Carpet on a Concrete Slab
I am having carpet installed on the concrete floor of a garage conversion. I don't think moisture is a problem but the concrete floor is always colder than the rest of the house. Should I have the...
9
9

Waterproof glue
Need some waterproof glue for a small project out of treated wood, Plexiglas, and ceramic that will be underwater. Epoxy seems to only last 6 months to a year before it looses its grip. Anything...
12
12

Air compressor fittings and hose
In anticipation that I would need to be doing some nailing and stapling I got a used air compressor. It is a CAMPBELL HAUSFIELD 13 gallons 4 HP. Now I am trying to figure out about the fittings I...
36
36

Need a new water heater
My water heater is leaking around the base, and I can see that it's rusted around the edge. It's 15 years old. I'm looking around at prices, but does anyone know about how much I can...
16
16

Electricity- flickering, brief outage
Hello, Since about December 2008, there has been intermittent flickering of lights and very brief electrical outages in this house. It occurs on several circuits at the same time. I had an electrician...
28
28

Gas dryer broke, tumbles but does not dry.
Oddly enough, two weeks after my GE Profile washer broke (which turned to be an easy home fix), now my dryer is broke. This is a about 2.5 years old GE Profile dryer that uses natural gas for heating....
19
19

Outside Deck Light Installation
Hello, Wish to install an outside Deck light. Would be about nine feet or so above the Deck, and fastened to an outside (wooden) wall. It .looks like it will be tough to run the wires thru the inside,...
5
5

Need advice on HVAC emergency
My house is a 2 bedroom ranch style build in 1953. It sits on a concrete slab - no basement or crawl space. The air ducts for the furnace are down in the slab. The house has a rectangular shape, and...
28
28