Doggie doors represent new opportunities

If your toddler crawls through it and drowns in an adjacent bog. You can sue the manufacturer (or installer) of the doggie door for not warning you.

"More than a hundred children have died or been seriously injured in the last decade after squeezing through tiny pet doors and getting into swimming pools or other dangerous places, new research has found. "

HeyBub

"a Florida lawyer suing a pet door manufacturer for the family of two-year old Matthew Ranfone."

Say what? Where were the parents when their two-year old was doing all this?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

My guess would be looking up attorneys in the Yellow Pages (r).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Watching American Idol ?

Use an electronic collar if you have pets, children, pets doors and a pool. They door will only open as the animal approaches.

It keeps raccoons, bob cats, stray opossums and the neighbor's cats out of the feed bowl.

Reply to
Oren

Reply to
evodawg

If a parent leaves the regular door open a little and the little tyke opens the door and crawls/toddles out, is the door manufacturer and/or carpenter going to be responsible?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

How many people have woken to find that they have been patting a skunk all night. That came in through the doggy door.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I can honestly say that I have never done this.

I did, however, live in a house that apparently had a pet squirrel. Never did figure out how the little fuzzy bastard got in there. It appeared shortly before I moved out and it fought the landlord for a while after I left too.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The responsibility of the parent trumps everything else.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thats certainly the rational common sense view. However there are many thousands of lawyers trolling for possibilities to "help" us...

Reply to
George

Maybe we should sue the idiot parents.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

The trouble with halfwit parents is that they have dimwit kids, and they are extremely fertile.

Reply to
SteveB

Must be nature's way of compensating for losses. The dumb masses have to be more fertile to replace lost children.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

We haven't seen "mother forgets about kid in hot car" for a while. The season's upon us, though.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Only if it's a cute kid. Remember JonBenét Ramsey? The beautiful little girl the press wouldn't let rest in peace. I'll bet a dozen ugly kids died that day and nobody cares about them.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

yes then we can blame the windows of the car for any deaths. Wonder why the lawyers haven't found a defense for this one yet and someone to sue?

Reply to
evodawg

We really need to ban those mechanisms on the doors that prevent them from being pushed open.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Just heard a report. Local 911 dispatchers say, the media never hears about the majority of incidents. A few days ago a man left his

2-month old and a 2-year old boys in a car, while he drank and gambled. The media was ALL over that! It was about 102F outside.
Reply to
Oren

re: "How many people have woken to find that they have been patting a skunk all night."

OK, I'll play. My guess is *none*.

Reply to
DerbyDad03