Subject Author Posted Replies

Drive dump truck over lawn?
I am getting 5 tons of modified (crushed) stone delivered via dump truck for a patio. I already have the area excavated, so most convenient would be for the truck to dump right in the hole...but would...
32
32

Cutting Bathroom Vanity Top
I need to cut about 3 inches from a BORG vanity top to reduce the width. I found this link on one way to do it, and was wondering if this will work or someone has a better way? I don't really want...
4
4

closing the main water tub
Is it safe to close the main water tub in my home for 2 weeks? I am going out of town... I live the air conditioning on just in case the heat is to high... Botticelli
2
2

Will spray paint last longer on Garage door, then brush?
I am getting a new garage door, but my ideal color is not available. So I will be painting it. just curious if spray painting it by a professional (my friend) will make it last longer then using a...
12
12

confused about which nail gun I need for siding installation
I need to replace some T1-11 siding panels. 19/32" thick. The manufacturer says I need 8d box, casing, or siding nails. So I'm trying to find a pneumatic gun to buy to shoot such a nail. But they...
7
7

Should I demand a new roof...?
Since I moved in to new home in 2004, we have had roof shingle problems every year. First year some blew off, many loose. Since then we have had loose shingles everytime there is a storm. Yet the...
25
25

Single Button Light Switch?
At a hotel I saw a single button light switch that glowed when the button was push-toggled to turn of the lights. After pushing the button it returned to its resting position. Are these switches...
5
5

Self-Propelled Mower?
I got a tiny little lawn (1k sq. ' at most) at my house in the midwest US, but it's on a hill, no retaining walls, lots of inclines and declines, and sink- holes to boot. Front yard declines...
46
46

Toro Walk-Behind Runs Really Sloooooow
I've got a Toro Recycler mower with a B&S engine.  At the end of last season I ran it dry and stored it for the winter. Last weekend I changed the oil and filled it with fresh gas. After a few starts...
34
34

R2: washer connection
thank you to Jon, Charlie, Oren, Bob. The extra pipe is 4 feet above ground, same level as cold water inlet and hot water inlet faucet. It is located exactly between cold and hot, same pipe size as...

Hot & Cold Shower Faucet Stems Different?
I'll be installing a replacement 3-handle Price-Pfister tub and shower faucet set shortly. It appears I'll have to install the set upside down, because the inlet pipes are above the existing...
13
13

Water Pump Problems
Having a bit of trouble with my water pump not shutting off. Usually when this happens I just have to pump a bit of air in the bladder and it works fine for many months but this time that trick is not...
7
7

Non-toxic sealant for punch bowl
I'm doing up a fancy multi-tiered punch bowl with a small aquarium pump inside. I'd like to string the power cord in through a hole at the bottom. My question is what sealant can I use that is...
9
9

Cleaning vents
My lovely wife wants the vents in our house cleaned. Removing the register covers is not a problem. The stackhead or register box in the walls have an adjustable slide door to control the flow. Oval...
6
6

Thin profile socket/ratchet wrench needed
Hello, I am trying to find a wrench that will will drive a 5/16" hex screw. I would like a ratcheting type wrench. It should not be a right angled wrench but a straight one. I only have about 2/3"...
7
7