Subject Author Posted Replies

Hot Porch Roof
I have a large front porch with a roof about 8 feet up. It is open on the bottom so you see the sheathing and joists (2x6's). When the sun is on it the heat really radiates down to the porch area...
21
21

390 Corner bead
Anyone ever seen a Model 390 Corner bead cap from Pla-Cor. want to purchase a Model "390" corner cap, but the only one I can find on-line is $30. Found one a Menards, but it was a "Bull nose" version...
1
1

Home Repair Products & Services
Check out Deals Going on Now ! http://gentleenterprize.biz
2
2

120VAC Thermostat
I need to find a thermostat to control a 120VAC, 60 Watt (thus 1/2 Amp) resistive load. I want to turn on a heater when the temperature drops below about 35 degrees F. Where should I look for a good,...
8
8

what size fitting for sink toilet connection
I am changing bath sink faucet and toilet. I am confused what I need for connection hose. The old faucet has two copper tubings 6" coming down, seems to be 1/4", with two male fittings ( cannot...
5
5

HF Flooring Nailer - Comments Anyone?
May have to get a nailer in the future for a one house job. At that location in another state there is no Harbor Freight outlet. May consider buying it in advance. only time I used a nailer was the...
7
7

killing pigeons
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal. I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive anti freeze. Thanks, cm
52
52

Wafer Board for concrete forms.
Can I use wafer board when I form up for my garage stem wall?
13
13

Drill Repair
Finally got up my courage, and pull apart my Metabo corded half inch hammer drill. It died, with no aparent reason, a couple weeks ago. I'd been using my Skil 3/8 drill, for installing deadbolts....
9
9

How much current to subpanel
Hi, I have a subpanel that is in a very convenient space and it is so very temping to put a lot of stuff on it (kitchen /includes 30amp stove + garage + central A/C + etc), but my electrician told me...
16
16

Window putty and latex question.
Hi there, The company I paint for does a lot of heritage restoration and currently is exclusively using alkyd paint for our products. However, we'd like to start using more latex for drying time,...
7
7

Bath's pedestal sink
I remodeled my small half-bath. I received a hand-me-down pedestal sink (still in a very good condition) so I'm planning to have it installed. The plumber told me the sink doesn't have a set...
6
6

The Price of KCl for Water Softeners
Why has the price (Subject) risen so much over the last 4-5 years? At one time I heard there was a shortage in Alaska. What's the scoop?
10
10

replacement windows
I need new replacement windows for my 1967 brick-sided house. I'm considering Window World and have set up a visit by them. I'm sure there are many experiences with that outfit in this group....
14
14

Workaround Basement Insulation for electrical work.
Hi: A fellow I know has a relatively new home (3 year old?) with a poured foundation. The exterior walls of the un-finished part of the basement are covered with some kind of "foil" covered product...
8
8