OT: Alberta (it's in Canada) SCORES!

"Alberta has dropped the handwritten portions of Grade 12 diploma exams in math and science, making the tests entirely multiple choice. The change to exams in math, applied math, chemistry, biology, physics and science takes effect immediately."

In a nutshell, math and science exams will be multiple choice.

This will make them easier to grade(!).

HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:KY6dnT1Nj6YVJyvXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Well, these grade 12 kids will be running the governments and businesses of the world in the near decades to come. I'm sure they'll be successful...as long as all their decisions are multiple choice of 4 or less options/considerations.

Reply to
Red Green

Hmmm, No matter what, Alberta kids are equal or above on average compared to any kids in the world. ~75% of my daughter's(born in '80) high school class is doctors, chartered accountants, lawyers. No one is in politics. My son's(born in '84, same HS) class is about ~60% likewise. My kids are MD and professional engineer. For quite some time now using calculator is allowed during math exam. up here. Mandatory minimum calculator in HS math class is TI 85. Most kids carry higher level graphic ones. They are allowed to program it for complex problem solving. Once I showed my old slide rule to my kids and teased them with it showing what I can do with the stick.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmmm,

Back when I was chasing a BS EE my prof didn't worry much about how you solved a problem. "When you are out there working you only get paid for the right answers"

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Would not this discussion be more appropriate (than all the anti US, anti Islam, anti Jewish, anti-everybody rants) on the < can.politics >

news group?

Today&#39;s young people probably just as good as we WERE? After all look at their &#39;smart&#39; parents. Same but different probably. Good luck to em, also btw. Our three ranging from ages 47 to 30, all &#39;growed up&#39; and in mid careers doing well, fully employed, relationships etc.

Reply to
stan