Is Canada 120V or 220v?

Going over to Canada in a few weeks & was wondering if they are on 120v or 220v over there? ( I'm USA)

Will be taking a power wheelchair and wanted to make sure I would be able to charge it.

Thanks, ~~Phil~~

Reply to
Phil Marshall

Us Canadians don't yet have electricity. We power everything using dogsleds. Be sure to see the igloo village while you're here. If you see Steve, tell him I said hello.

Reply to
Christian Fox

I tried to Google, and for ten minutes all I could find was info on electrical switchplates, conduit, and other stuff that was no help. (guess I used the wrong terms)

I assumed I could find some helpful Canadian national who was passing through this group & would provide the info QUICKER than I was able to locate it.

~~Phil~~

Reply to
Phil Marshall

Dang, your Google must be broken.

'Canada voltage'

First hit is a page of Canada travel tips.

-Keith

Reply to
Keith Jewell

Damn, don't ya just hate it when Google's broken?

120V, 60Hz, just like the USA.
Reply to
Andy Hill

Yeah, that's the problem with search engines...wrong terms, nothing but crap.

FWIW, "canada voltage frequency" (not quoted) were the terms I used.

Sorry for biting your head off -- it's been one of those weeks...

Reply to
Andy Hill

Be sure to

Greetings,

Don't listen to Mr. Fox. He is pulling your chain. These things are only true in Quebec.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

The charger will be OK, but in some areas you'll need an English - French converter

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It depends on the exchange rate. Today, we're at 142.698v.

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

There's another problem you need to be concerned about. The US government-mandated time changes (called Daylight Saving Time) must be implemented by instantaneously altering the rotation of portions of the Earth's surface. This causes extreme stress on the rocks at the national borders, generating high transient electrical voltages. These are isolated, and so have no effect in most cases, but can cause strange unexpected hyperentropic explosions when charging batteries. Try not to charge a battery within 50 miles of the US-Canadian border.

;-)

Reply to
hah

What a shocking revelation.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Technically, I think the USA is 120/240 V 60 Hz. Or, it could be 110/220 or maybe 115/230V. Take your choice..........................

Reply to
hrhofmann

Actually 120/240

Reply to
clare

Love these 12 year old resurrected posts, NOT.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

The standard is 120/240v 60hz.

It's only the idiots in europe that chose a 230v 50hz

Reply to
Jax

Wrong. That's so wrong ! Fake News ! ... wrong from A to Z ... :-) Afghanistan ---> Zimbabwe

John T.

Reply to
hubops