Subject Author Posted Replies

Peerless vs Burnham
I have a 24 year old Burnham boiler that I need to replace in my 1700 sqft home. The home is heated with forced hot water base board heat. Currently the old Burnham does not produce enough hot water...

Wasp spray that works
Last night, went to check out some wasps at the church. Some how, they got into the primary room. One of the boys had been stung, indoors. Not good. Find a 1/4 inch or so hole, where the vinyl under...
57
57

Leaky toilet
A home toilet has developed a slight leak at the base of the toilet where it connects to the floor. This started about a week ago. At night, I've crunched up a fresh paper-napkin square on the...
8
8

Repairing broken china
I would like to do as seamless a repair as possible of a broken plate of fine (bone) china (made by Lenox). The pieces all fit together seamlessly. I tried using cyanocrylate (from Rockler) but it...
6
6

Concrete painting & finishing question.
I have 2 concrete items I'd like to refinish. One is a concrete mushroom that was painted at one time but almost all the paint has worn away. Any suggestions on how to paint this? SHould I paint...

Homelite gas trimmer question
I have a gas trimmer. Homelite quikstart or something similar. It has been acting cranky, so I took it apart, replaced the primer bulb, and put it back together. I took it apart down to the needle...
8
8

Mold smell only short duration after shower
I rent a bachelors apartment in a 70's era highrise (cement walls separate units). Whenever I shower, I come out of the washroom and smell something that I can only describe as wet plaster, or...
12
12

Delta Saw Part
I have an old Delta 10" compound miter saw. I don't know the model number, I looked all over and did not see any sort of a model number. Here are some pictures of the saw: plastic clear shield is...
9
9

Should I attempt to remove about 1/3 of a roof rafter myself?
I just bought a foreclosed house and need to do some work in the back part of the house and to do so I'd sure like to have access to that part of the attic of which there is no access now. The...
3
3

How to fasten gas tank to lawn mower
One of the two ears that attaches the gas tank to the Tecumseh engine of my Toro mower broke. The top photo shows the break, just to the left of the gas filler cap. looking for ideas on how to secure...
18
18

OT - Lug nuts
I just got a new car and the wheels do not have lug nuts on them. Do I need to be concerned about the wheels being stolen? Would you live with it the way it is, or pay $45 for four keyed or locking...
58
58

fridge door seal
It's finally subsuming after the renters damage. The seal around the fridge door looks like it just 'glues in place' with stickyback. Is there any special think I need to know other than...

Garbage Disposal Problem
When I turn on my garbage disposal I can hear the motor spin up, and down when I turn it on/off. The turntable with the hammers is not spinning, though. The table plus hammers kind of wobbles around...
5
5

hammer drills
I see some hammer drills with keyless chucks. Hard for me to believe keyless chucks would grip a bit tightly enough to work with it. Are keyless chucks OK with hammer drills???
9
9

Water "Screen Filter" keeps toilet working!
I kept having problems with my toilet not refilling all the way in the bowl. There is a little tube which sends water into the overflow tube when refilling. This opening in the refill valve for this...
2
2