Photocell/Bulkhead problem

I bought the 100W Bulkhead with photocell, code 83449 from toolstation.co.uk. Fitted no problem, but as it goes dark in the alleyway the light flickers for over 1 hour before fully going on. Is their a problem with the photocell, do I need a special bulb(they suggest 100W GLS BC lamp), that will just go on/off ?/

Any ideas

Thanks.

Reply to
sndevereux

This newsgroup is generally US and Canada. The best newsgroup for UK electrical is probably uk.d-i-y

There are surprisingly large differences in electrical practices across the pond, and even language is significantly different. Like I don't know what a "Bulkhead" is.

Reply to
bud--