Garage door handles - inside knob

I have two garage doors in my garage, one has a garage door opener and the other is hand operated. The hand operated inside knob broke and, being of white metal casting, could not be repaired. I took the inside knob off the auto operated door, since it was not being used, and put that one on the hand operated door. That didn't last long and broke as well. I Googled for repair parts for garage doors and all I could find were the outside (locking) knob parts. Right now the locking mechanism for the hand operated door is secured with a small visegrip. Anyone has a source for inside handles??

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote in news:ltWdncIjMKB1JmTXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Have you tried a local place that sells/repairs them like Overhead Door?

Other possibilities maybe an Ace hardware, Borg, building supply?

Reply to
Red Green

Seems like there's quite a few garage door repair companies near Hamptonburgh:

Real URL:

TinyURL with preview:
Have you tried calling any of them? We've got at least three family owned garage door places in my area, and that's before you get to the "big boys". The family owned places have been real nice to me over the years.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I broke mine 3 times in about 5 years and replaced the handle with a piece of web belt I got from the military surplus store. I fastened it on with a carriage bolt and fender washer. This was about 15 years ago and its still there.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

INSIDE RELEASE HANDLE ??

$202425599(240).jpg At

Oren

I had this problem with my own garage door; I don't recall where I got the parts from but I ended up having to drill the shaft for a hitch pin, I do remember that. Stuff that ought to be a bolt on sometimes isn't...

I did have to do a lot of searching to find the parts I needed (the two rods and rotating cam assembly that go inside the door) none of my local stores had them.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

EBay has lots for sale here...lots of different ones ::

Hope that was of some help... Jim

Reply to
Jim

EBay has lots for sale here...lots of different ones ::

Hope that was of some help... Jim

Reply to
Jim

One of my doors is Wayne Dalton (OP doesn't mention brand)

The inside handle is very close to this pic.

Oren

Get one of these:

They usually come with this whole motor and track thingy attached, but they can be use to manually open and close the door. :-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hmm, If you keep breaking handle, your door may need a tune up. It should roll up/down with one hand push/pull. You can get replacement prts for sure at garage door shop or even at HD.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I have one of those. It is on the overhead garage door with the electric opener and is used to bypass the motorized opener in case of a power failure. Picture this: A garage door that has a handle and opens and closes by turning a handle and lifting or pulling down on the door. No electricity is needed. Now the inside handle has broken, which is essential to locking the door, so it can't lock the door on the inside, and the outside keyed handle, which relies on the inside handle, no longer locks the door.

Reply to
willshak