Subject Author Posted Replies

Restoring rubber stair treads
I have rubber stair treads on my back entryway steps. They are black rubber with many ribs on each tread(very very narrow space between each rib). They are in excellent condition but although I vacuum...
22
22

furnace blowing all the heat up the chimney
I'm tired of people telling me that there's nothing wrong with my furnace. There is something wrong with my furnace. It's a 10-year-old Amana 45,000 BTU, 80% efficient unit in a 1300...
43
43

Clothes Dreyer Venting Dangers?
The hired painting crew got through doing the outside of our home a couple of days ago and while I was admiring the improved look of the place I noticed that our clothes dryer's through the wall...
3
3

Phone Line trouble after removing security system
The house that I bought had an old CPI security system that hadn't been used in years and I did not see the need for a system so the other day I was looking at the huge panel in my coat closet and...
8
8

O.T. somewhat Old Chime /Clock Door Bell Repair
I have a 55 year old door chime clock and the board has carbon arcs which is causing a short. I have seen boards with this problem before and they were repaired using some type of filler. The filler I...
16
16

Paint matching (am I expecting too much...?)
A while back I had to demo a kitchen cabinet to allow a new fridge to be moved in... I was in a time crunch and didn't have time to go to a real paint store that day so I went to That...
41
41

Garbage Disposal Advice
I'm giving it, not asking for it. Whatever you do, please, please, please remember to knock out the plug on the dishwasher inlet before hooking up the DW. SWMBO got seven kinds of bent when I...
9
9

shower stall bottom half inch crack
My shower stall has a half inch crack. It is about 8 inches from the drain. Lowe's and Home Depot has fiber glass repair kits but those are for holes, I think, not for small cracks. How do I...
4
4

Need Help with Sears 12" Lower Blade Guard retaining spring repair
All; I mistakenly took apart the lower blade guard on my Sears 12" Compound Miter Saw Model 315.212050, and the retaining spring popped out. I can't seem to get it coiled up behind the guard again...
3
3

Stanley buys B&D
On a nice soft cushion of yours and my money, compliments of DC
5
5

Non duplex GFI 'outlet'.
Someone has mentioned that there is device that is a GFCI and has the 'test' and 'reset' buttons, but does not have any ability to be a plug in duplex outlet. A typical cost of around...
6
6

"GREAT STUFF"
I have a question on those foam sealant especially the GREAT STUFF products. First, I think those are basically for insulation and nothing else, right? Would you use it in places where no insulation...
15
15

slightly OT vacuum repair success
May seem like a small thing but one senses the pride of an achievement. And that's what do it your self is all about. Well done. As long as a repair is safe; and in addition to saving the cost of a...
12
12

Copper tubing and natural gas?
Awl - I'm doing some demo on my 50's kitchen, which was done pretty well, overall -- 3/4 black pipe to a 6 burner stove, etc. Except, they tee'd off underneath for the gas line to the...
21
21

garage door opener
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2 horse opener, any body have had this
13
13