Subject Author Posted Replies

Who makes best Li-on hand vac?
I'm looking for a "system" of Li-on tools with removable batteries that include a GOOD hand vac preferably with a hepa filter. Anyone have any pointers to share?
2
2

Cutting plastic sewer pipe below a concrete slab
I need to replace a toilet flange and about a foot vertical of pipe that is below a concrete floor. There is about 1/4 inch clearance between the concrete and where the flange fastens to the pipe. Is...
23
23

Laminate Flooring BOARD DIRECTION??????
We have two bedrooms that are at opposite ends of a hallway. One has a doorway straight into the room, the other has an angled door at 45- degrees in the corner of the room which opens into the...
5
5

cutting ABS in situ - any super tools?
Thanks for the assist in plumbing in my new toilet location. That was successful! Now - while I have the ceiling out, I have to cut out and replace a rather convoluted bit of plumbing that has been...
17
17

No COLD water in washing machine?
Friend says she now can not get cold water from her machine. Since she is renting I am hoping there is an easy(?) fix:-)) Any ideas? Real ideas not idiotic remarks, thanks Lou
35
35

Kenmore washer mystery
Sears Kenmore Heavy Duty automatic clothes washer, m/n 7114803G. Vintage 1972. Harvest Gold. A bell-shaped plastic chamber mounted near the bottom of the enclosure accepts drain water from the pump...
5
5

Got my Harbor-Master
Just picked up my Harbor Freight "multifunction power tool" today--for $35 w/coupon. In honor of the tool it's a clone of, I'm going to call it the Harbor-Master. Saw the new models there, which are...
11
11

what kind of material do I need?
Need to figure out identification of materials which will enable me to cut some figures from stuff with tin snips. Need following: 1. Something in 4'x4' sizes, or board lengths. 2. Can snip it OK with...
14
14

lithium-ion drill/driver
I'm gonna erect one of those backyard sheds I bought at HD. I want to use deck screws instead of the nails suggested. I think I shall buy one of the lithium-ion drill/drivers for the job. What is the...
20
20

stackable washer/dryers
I am wondering about stackable dryer/washer combinations. The chances of BOTH appliances needing replacement is slim. That means you may need to replace the washer but keep the dryer, and the new...
6
6

Repairing Gopher grabbers
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw. What can I use...
6
6

Good going Price Pfister!
I had a problem with my 12 year old faucet (cartridge leaked water under the handle and rotted the handle out) A couple of Emails later I got a new one for free in the mail.
4
4

Cracks around door frame
I have an inside door that has a wall crack all the way around the door frame. I tried to find some info on this on the net, but the assumption seems to be that cracks are extending out from the...
5
5

It will cost 36 dollars or less
So I needed to recharge the fire-extinguisher I used two nights ago, and I googled and called the place nearest me, and I described my fire-extinguisher and asked how much to recharge. And he said "36...
21
21

Puzzle: how to get this light fixture open?
Client has a ceiling light fixture in her kitchen that I cannot figure out how to open to replace bulbs. Has a circular glass dish held in place by three metal brackets around the edge. Each bracket...
29
29