Subject Author Posted Replies

OT used pickup trucks
When I bought my first brand new pickup < bare bones 1980 F100 > - it was priced at $ 5800. I drove it for 13 years and wished that I'd bought 2 of them ! .. to get another vehicle that would cost...
58
58

Can I reprogram a key fob? $337.43 dealer quote.
Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob. Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs. Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano? They look identical. Called nissan for a price on murano fob....
14
14

some Dash Lights only go on at Night, can't be seen in the day time.
I renamed the thread and moved it from its original location to the bottom of the list so I wouldn't have to hunt for it so much. Okay, I tried that and it did turn on the headlights and taillights....
4
4

OT: What Is This Dell Laptop Feature?
Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the drawer opening button and emergency opening hole. This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing inside it,...
19
19

Word for making a bad connection?
Contact bounce. Switch bounce. Caused by elastic components bouncing like a rubber ball.
2
2

cheap recommended magnification and lighted glasses?
Have recently set up a small work bench with scope, signal generator and various other test equipment. The only magnifier I have is a glass I cannibalized from a broken "helping hands". The glass is...
5
5

Beware of FreedomPop
Even though I ended my trouble-fraught relationship with FreedomPop 3 years ago, 4 days ago they billed me $3.99 for something, via Paypal I wrote them the same day and haven't heard a peep back. Oh,...
4
4

Does warm weather make grass plump and easier to mow?????
My eletric lawn mower has for years occasionally left cresent-shaped strips an inch wide, even though I was sure I'd covered the area. Suddenly this spring, the same mower seems to barely cut. But I...
26
26

Most absurd lie on a product
cordless vacuum cleaner? Running off what looks like 2 18650 Li Ion batteries. So since those are about 4V each, that's 150 amps from one battery. I'm not so sure that's going to work....
60
60

So what is an APR fuse?
According to Littlefuse, the inventor of the ATO fuse, the idea that ATO means OPEN and ATC means CLOSED is a myth. When Littlefuse applied for patent rights for the fuse name, they could not patent...
7
7

An old mans advice..
Life: Life is not what you gather, life is what you scatter. Share the seeds of knowledge, experience, honesty and respect. That is how you will be remembered and your spirit will live on. Destiny: As...

Congoleum Bright 'n Easy Polish Remover
My dad's home has a room that has sheet vinyl flooring, about 30 years old. It's in fine shape, since the room is not used much, but it does have a waxy, polish sort of build up. I discovered a...
2
2

Starship 12,
I know if it weren't for social distancing, you'd all have been in Texas today for the Cinco de Mayo, 50th anniversary of Alan Shepard's first flight Starship launch, but this is the 2nd next best...

OT. No Permit for Rolling to Remember
The Pentagon rescinded a permit for the group to use the Pentagon parking lot to start the ride. Maybe Pentagon officials don't know about fresh air and sunshine being good for the soul. <> The woman...
8
8

Toyota wires are thinner
The wires in my Toyota are much thinner than the wires in any of my American cars were. I've had GM and Chryslers built from 1950 to 1995, and Toyotas from 2000 and 2005. I'm not saying they are too...
48
48