Subject Author Posted Replies

Stairs, Unstable
I'm having a problem with my stairs, no not stares. There are some fabulously knowledgeable folks who post here and I would like their opinion. See related links to what you are looking for.
12
12

Shower shelf
Hey all, I just attached a wire corner shelf in my shower. The shower surround is laminate over drywall, and I used some molly-type bolts that required a 1/2" drilled hole and came with a plastic...
4
4

Dremel / Mandrel question
hi all, I was wondering if a Mandrel [with wheel] would fit/work in my standard drill. I'm doing a smallish job, and don't plan on needing it after that. I thought I might try that first, before...
9
9

Sketchup freelance artist available
I am a Sketchup freelance artist available for freelance, I am offering Sketchup 3D Modeling service,please do check my website for sample images and please email me if you have any question about my...

Hall Heater Pilot fails - windy day
In LA we are having many windy days. This week, the Hallway heater pilot turned of two days in a row during lots of wind. Heater and house is 50 years old. I scarped the soot off the thermocouple but...
4
4

Stanley Black & Decker
13
13

Electric service panels within apartment units
I am trying to understand what the NEC requirements are for new service disconnects and electric service panels within existing individual apartment units. I think I almost have it down, but I'm not...
7
7

About recalls for runaway cars.
When I was a teen driver back in the 1950s, I had cars that would not stop , shift into neutral, or depress the clutch (these were all standard shift cars). There were no recalls, either from the car...
184
184

97 Volts on Outdoor Outlet
Our neighbor's house was recently hit by lightning. All that we suffered were blown GFCI's throughout our house. After replacing the GFCIs, all outlets are measuring 123 volts as normal except for...
11
11

It's time to change your tire air
This Sunday is when we all change our clocks to daylight savings time. That means that you will lose an hour of sleep or drinking time, and either be eraly or late for all your appointments next week,...
21
21

Tile on (prefab) fireplace?
We had gas logs installed in our fireplace last night. The installer said that we should burn it for a couple of hours to get the logs set. Ok, it was cool so the fire was nice. When I went to bed I...
2
2

tiling onto plywood or OSB?
Can I stick ceramic (floor) tiles directly onto plywood or OSB? I'm a little tight for clearance on a potential project (at least if I use 3/4" for the subfloor, and I worry that anything less will...
8
8

Speaking of screws!!!!!! And Lowes in general.
I was at Lows a few days ago looking for some screws I could use for framing. I have a tough time driving nails at different angles and like to always have 3-4 inch screws handy. I couldn't find them....
17
17

securing exterior doors
Our home has several exterior passage doors, and a discussion on the combo screws reminded me to post a little thing I did to gain security when out of town. On all the inswing doors, I installed...
11
11

Definition of a Plumber
A plumber is a farmer who grows and sells plums. It's NOT a guy who fixes pipes. That guy is called a PIPER!
13
13