Dead Sumacs

I had a bunch of sumac trees on the west bank of my gulley which jutted out over the lawn for afternoon and evening sun. I went down there today. All dead. Is this a bad sumac year or what? Some were 2 and a half to 3 inches at the base.

Reply to
LSMFT

I don=92t know about your case but I had a fragrant flowering tree almost die on me. The tree was blocking a neighbor's lemon tree so I suspect her ambitious landscaper who was also a bum poisoned it. I have no proof other than a liquid stain on the trunk and the fact that there was never any sign of any disease. The tree eventually sprouted a new branch from the root but it took a few years. The neighbor terminated the landscaper in question because she couldn=92t afford him since she was being foreclosed on due to non payment of mortgage. The fact that my tree has been fine on its own for many years now also supports my suspicion. It never ceases to amaze me how many =93dirt bags=94 that call themselves human are on this world.

Reply to
Molly Brown

I have , now, just one African Sumac tree. Need to trim it. I live in the desert, it snowed once (two years ago) and collapsed another sumac..

Pull the root out or that tree, cut at the ground level becomes a "bush" Wish I had "kilt" the roots back then

I'm speaking of an African Sumac "tree". YMMV.

Reply to
Oren

Could be if someone hit em with roundup

Reply to