Subject Author Posted Replies

Basement french drain installation how-to videos?
I am trying to find some good videos, books, or instructions on installing basement perimeter French drain and sump pump systems. I've been searching on and I can find tons of videos, but most are...

Why isn't it Topeka maps?
I'm confused. If Google has changed their name to Topeka, why haven't they changed their mapping site name to Topeka maps?
9
9

Battery charger repair
Like most small automotive battery chargers mine is a piece of crap little 8 amp unit. When I went to use it the connectors were bad and one of the wires pulled out of the connector. Fixed that and...
7
7

Ni-Cad vs Lithium batteries
I just purchased online from home depot an edger/trimmer...In the specifications it said electric, nothing mentioned about batteries. and i thought that was what i getting. It turned out it was...
32
32

Have their been any posting from our remodeler friend Kate?
Has anyone seen any postings from Kate? She had a lot of questions, and got answers, and now seems to have disappeared.
32
32

OT-What the hell are we coming to?
Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a Kansas just because these bastards live here: The father of a Marine whose funeral was picketed by the Westboro Baptist Church says an order to pay the protesters'...
37
37

Kinda OT- Getting Good Neighbors
A really crappy neighbor is putting their house up for sale. :)) I have few ideas on how to attract good buyers, but I'd like to open the topic for any ideas short of buying the place myself and...
52
52

drywall mud recipe
I recently put up drywall in my garage (two wall and ceiling). I started to do the taping and mudding part and I have a question about the consistency of the mud. The five gallon bucket of mud says to...
39
39

door mechanism hole adapter plate thing :-)
I've got a door with a hole of around 2-1/8" in diameter for the handle/ latch mechanism, but the handle/latch assembly I have seems designed for a smaller hole, as the tabs which extend inwards from...
1
1

Insurance claim....
Awl -- As some of you may know, the NY, NJ area got clobbered by a windstorm last week (75+ mph), after quite a snow storm a couple of weeks before. Damage was extensive, thousands of trees blown...
42
42

SKIL TWIST SCREWDriver battery - disassembly help
The battery pack for my SKIL Twist Cordless Screw Driver is dead. Measures 4.3 volts but will not accept a charge. I want to replace the NiCd cells myself. However, I need help that explains how to...
7
7

Sony stereo won't shut off.
I have a Sony STR D990 When i try to shut it off i get a message in the window DRLC Main What is it & how can i fix it ?
10
10

Bonding to existing panel ground
I'm helping out a friend with a new house who wants to add surge protection. The plan is to use a whole house AC surge protector at the panel and a seperate cable coax surge protector located a few...
12
12

Cordless trim saw
As stated elsewhere I will be installing solid hardwood flooring. I have a cheap telta table top saw, a orbital jig saw, etc. Would a cordless trim saw be somethign good to have for a project such as...
5
5

Wacker pump as a sump solution?
I have a house that is built on solid ledge and I'm getting a lot of water lately with all these storms in the northeast. Putting in sump pump will be very difficult to say the least. I can break up...
9
9