Subject Author Posted Replies

Voltage of Battery Operated Tools
I recall when they first came out they were six volts and had no power at all. My first tool had 9 volts, and did a fair job, until one day when the battery literally exploded when I was drilling into...
8
8

Pressure washer question, will it rip a weed in two?
I have weeds growing between my patio pavers (lots of them, as I have been away on vacation for a while). they are a bitch to pull out, roots are strong. If I rent a gas powered pressure washer will...
5
5

Long throw
I need to spray along the edges of my lake but need a longer throw than I can get with my current setup. If I can throw a stream "X" feet now with my current setup what do I need to throw twice as...
4
4

Small door
i have small an opening in the wall of my garage that goes into an area of the crawlspace. I would like to close this off and make it look nice. What I would really like to use is a regular door....
21
21

Lithium battery disappointment
I bought the Worx edger with the 18volt battery this past April. Each week i used the edger for about 15 minutes to do my chore and then i immediately put into the recharger and wait for the green...
14
14

Telephone reception question
At the ammusement park, they make kids go through twists and turns on the roller coaster. The kids come out of the ride wobbly, can't talk, and sometimes barf on the sidwalk. I think the last phone...
14
14

Better than PB Blaster
This is pretty wild. 50/50% mix of ATF and Acetone is twice as effective as the 2nd best, Kroil, and 4 times as effective as PB Blaster! "The April/May 2007 edition of Machinist's Workshop did a test...
26
26

NEC, romex and tie-wraps
I'm doing some work in my (unfinished, never going to be finished) basement. I have to run some new wiring about 2 feet across a concrete block wall. There is one 6-3 cable and 4 12-3 cables. Is it...
12
12

Odor question w/new topload Kenmore washer?
My daughter replaced her failing washer with a new Kenmore almost a year ago. Although it works well she complains of an odor eminating from it when not in use. Her old one never had that issue. It...
4
4

Small engine repair question
If someone can suggest a better newsgroup for this question I would appreciate it.. I have a Briggs 4 cycle , 5hp outboard motor that sat unused for 6 months. Now, when I crank it up, it runs, but...
10
10

Home Depot Paint
Has anyone used there paint with primer in ? How does it compare to Sherwin Williams
10
10

330-Square-Foot Apartment Holds 20 Rooms
"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are included in the size of properties." "One designer has taken that...
16
16

Curing concrete
How much and how often do I need to sprinkle with water newly poured concrete patio and footings? I am in NJ and temperature is over 90 degrees, humidity is almost 100%. Anything else I need to do to...
21
21

Mini-Fridges
If you buy a thermo-electric (Peltier type) mini fridge, be aware of their limitations: they can only lower the ambient temperature by 40 degrees. (Don't expect cold beer when it's in a 90 deg....
50
50

Subzero vs. GE Monogram Freezers and refrigerators
Any opinion on which would last longer and do a better job? We looked at two homes: one had a freestanding Subzero freezer and beside it a separate Subzero refrigerator. The other had the same thing,...
7
7