Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - dead squeeze flash lights
Andy comments: I'l like to present something here that is of general interest. The LED flashlights that one gets for free from Harbor Freight have 9 LEDs , in paralled, run by three AAA cells with no...
2
2

Air Filters for Smokers
I've got some smokers in the rental house and want to add air filtering. I've got a small hepa type filter with an ionizer in temporarily. But since I am dealing with mostly smoke, I wonder if one of...
28
28

Cable System
------------------------------------- .::::::::.. ..::::::::. ::::::::::::: ::::::::::::: :::::::::::' . /. `::::::::::: `::::::::::_,__o o__,_::::::::::'
13
13

Remodel plumbing: Lots of "thinking ahead"!
I prefer electrical too. But PEX is highly reliable and if you home run it from a manifold to the fixture future service is easy, just turn off that line, no Ts buried in walls. Plus PEX doesnt burst...
9
9

Have heat pump - No outside thermometer
Not unless the unit is unable to keep up. Otherwise let it do it's thing. Current heat pumps are still effective below 32f. They heat the air prior to it's entering the resistive heat stage so even if...
12
12

Great customer service: Gardner Bender
Another in the Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due series: Just got a package today. No, not an Xmas present, but it might as well be. It was from Gardner Bender, the electrical tool company. Called...
6
6

Fixing a Simpson 8.0kg toploading washing machine?
The machine was working and got half way through the cycle, but then wont agitate properly, jerking and lurching. The control LEDs for water temp are all flashing together along with beeping. This has...

Attaching siding to concrete
Problem: homeowner's house has a large unclad section of exposed concrete foundation/wall at bottom. He'd like it covered with siding. Remainder of house has standard horizontal shiplap siding. I'm...
13
13

Substrate for tiled counter?
I am finishing a bathroom counter. It's approx 75"x25" and will have two sink bowls Right now I have the top made from 3/4" plywood. It is not marine grade plywood BTW. The tiles are cut and ready to...
11
11

Replacing windows, frame and all
I am planning on replacing all of the windows in a house that I own that is being completely rehabbed and will then be rented out. I am wondering about the possibility of replacing the entire windows,...
23
23

OT Tilt steering wheels and ice
OT? Didn't they start putting switches to turn off the air bags on the right side of cars in case the passenger was short? Sometimes, especially on very short trips, I don't tilt my tilt steering...
23
23

Propane fridge repair
On Thu 16 Dec 2010 11:39:04p, Smitty Two told us... I'm sorry, but I have no answers or suggestions. Just wanted to say that I've always been fascinated by the natural gas and kerosene powered...
8
8

reprogramming python auto alarm system
I was wondering if anyone knew of websites or videos on how to reprogram a python auto alarm system if I lost the remote. This costs around $120 at the auto alarm store, which is just too much
1
1

Mini Split Heat Pump
Looking for opinions on Mini Split Heat Pumps. I live in Southeastern Virginia. I had a 18 seer heat pump installed in my home in 2007. The home is very comfortable, except for the Master Bedroom...
2
2

Dryer Vent
My electric dryer is installed up against the outside wall. I had to fashion a vent since there is not room for a flexible hose. This device looks like the perfect solution for my dryer situation, but...
8
8