Powergenix battery question

Well, at least they are used "in" the home.

I've had mixed results with these. Some cells last a long time. Others go dead faster. For example, the amplified speaker for my PC, I just changed the batteries. Two were stone cold dead, two were well charged.

The one email I got from them, the fellow wrote that if they dropped below 1.1 volts, the cell would be damaged. So, the two ones which came out dead, are likely damaged.

I'm thinking that it would be wise to charge them on schedule (every week?) rather than waiting for them to go dead. Has anyone else got experience with these batteries?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't know about these. Some cells discharge but most do very little self discharging.

Like my 48 year Johnson walkie-talkies. The nicads are original. Every couple years I charge, but one unit has NEVER failed to turn on, even left sitting for years.

greg

Reply to
zek