Subject Author Posted Replies

O.T. Next financial bubble to burst.
House and condo prices have declined during the past 6 months to a year, or have showed zero growth during that time frame. The differences betweed US and Canadian residential real-estate markets are:...
59
59

Deadbolt for old door
Better to replace the lock of ur door may be it is in ur budjet, It will be replaced by Electromagnetic Rim lock, It will be a better choice.... Online Wholesale Hardware Store India | Bathroom...
23
23

Removing a cast iron bath tub??
Remodeling my second floor bathroom will involve removing a large cast iron tub. The tub is probably much too large and heavy to be removed on one piece and will have to be broken up into small...
39
39

How to plug sliding door gap?
Hi There is a gap between my sliding doors and heat is escaping. See the pic: can see light coming through. What can I get to perminantly block the air but will allow the door to open and close?...
37
37

Shower valve hot water
After researching mixing valve problems on the web I had the cartridge replaced in the Moen single handle shower valve to increase hot water. The hot water is known to be available by the sink next to...
12
12

Cleanout for galvanized chimney
I have a galvanized chimney, no bricks, no stones, no tile liner, just one galvanized sheet metal pipe within another, to keep the outside cool, and an oil furnace in the basement. Is there supposed...
11
11

interior doors
Replacing interior junk luan hollow doors starting with newly renovated bathroom...Replacing all as I renovate...Was wondering about Pre Primed Masonite Composit Hollow Core doors..Anyone used them ??...
5
5

3/4 collar leaking
I'm replacing a water heater. The 3/4 collar screws to far onto the pin of a 3/4 stainless steel flex line and has a drip. It wont get tight enough. I used Teflon tape. The flex line has a rubber...
16
16

spraying latex on garage drywall?
Anyone have experience with this? Lows has a $50 latex paint sprayer, and I have an old wagner electric sprayer. I would be doing latex drywall primer followed by latex semi gloss (or maybe less...
10
10

T-111 siding question
I've got the typical tract house out here in Central TX. Built in the '80s with T-111 siding. The bottom on T-111 tends to rot where it contacts the bottom moisture. I bought the house 6 years ago...
10
10

door bell not ringing
Hello.. My door bell has stopped working correctly. Need some advice before tearing everything apart.. The button outside is illuminated.. When pressed, light turns off, but does not trip off door...
29
29

bosch nexxt 500 washer door gasket (leak)
at first I thought the problem (small leak during wash) was due to the small missing pieces around opening gasket but am now thinking it's the door itself not sealing tightly enough with the automatic...
7
7

Need advice for French closet doors
I want to install a French closet door in my basement. The total opening is 60". Do they make pre-hung french closet doors, or do I have to buy 2 30" hollow doors slabs, and door jambs and construct...
3
3

Valve Washer
I'm having a hard time trying to change this spigot washer. I thought if I would just remove the "C" nut I would be able to remove the valve and change the washer inside. I posted a labled picture on...
9
9

Beckett burner banging
------------------------------------- I have a new Burnam boiler with a new Beckett burner. I have had 3 different servicemen here to check out the burner. It is set up perfectly 85% efficiency, smoke...
5
5