Subject Author Posted Replies

Light reading
Media Watch. (What you do not see reported in the US mainstream media.) Need a strong stomach to read what they are teaching their children. HB Palestinian Media Watch is a research institute that...
6
6

Kitchen sink silicone caulk
Am recaulking my kitchen sink around the rim. It is the dropped type, not set on top. Is two layers of caulk better than one? TIA HB
2
2

Wounded vs. injured
Chuckles used the work injured several times when referring to the wounded Congresswoman from Arizona. I always thought injured would apply to people hurt in an accident of some sort. Wounded would be...
13
13

Replacing and sheetrocking old ceilings and walls
This is regarding a possible rehab of another property that I own. It's an older home with wood lath and plaster wall. I am considering tearing out the lath and plaster down to the studs, then having...
31
31

Cu plumbing valves - what's this mess?
RG- As mentioned, it WAS a mixing situation to provide warm water so the tank won't sweat. Now it's all cold.....if you don't get sweating & don't envision reintroducing hot water, emove ALL of the...
1
1

wireless home intercom system
Here you can find many wireless home intercom system such as wireless video door phone, multi door video intercom doorbell system. Video Doorphone can make you feel secure when you or your children...

Source of Winter Leak
I live in the NE and own a Dutch Colonial Style house. These houses have a gambrel-style roof on top, and small secondary roofs that jut out perhaps two or three feet and are located between the first...
2
2

tile vs vinyl flooring in the bathroom
OK so i'm still debating...ceramic tile or vinyl flooring in the bathroom ceramic is harder to put in. grout tends to mildew. and it cracks but it LOOKS great vinyl is easier...waterproof but doesnt...
33
33

Snow shovel release
I have one of those snow shovels with the goose neck and large capacity spade. Works quite well, but I find after a couple scoops a lot of snow is sticking to the shovel. Is there some sorta wax or...
12
12

Sanding attachment for drill
I need to do some sanding in tight areas. I don't have a power sander, so I thought of getting an attachment for my power drill, with a circular sanding disk attached to it. Does this work? I seem to...
9
9

Oh, Yes! jobs
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/ancientangler/Dilbert-FixMyComputer_01.gif?t=1297270225
11
11

Dishwasher TSP
A while back I posted my problem with the dishwasher and received many good tips. Thank you all. My wife especially wanted me to thank those who suggested adding TSP to the new "imprived" dishwashing...
50
50

band-saw blades
What is a good brand to use that don't cost a fortune? I have an old Parks 18" band-saw,it uses a 133" blade. I mainly plan on using it to re-saw. Should I get a 3/4" or 1" blade Thanks for any help....
2
2

Anyone Know What This Tool Is?
Looks like some kind of wood planer to me. http://i56.tinypic.com/123o0ab.jpg
12
12

cleaning mold off floor joists
I'm trying to de-mold my house. The bathroom is over the garage, and I've been sanding mold off the garage ceiling, which is the subflooring under the bathroom. There are floor joists that need to be...
10
10