Subject Author Posted Replies

Gibson HVAC Air Handler Condensate Drain Pipe Flushing
My friend had his Gibson A/C air handler shut off on him this weekend due to a clogged condensate water drain pipe. Luckily it had a "Safe-T- Switch" so that the backed up water in the drip pan didn't...

kenmore washing machine control problem - fixed
Posted about this back in November 2010 - 20 yr. old Kenmore washing machine (60 series) - has mechanical timer (dial type) control. You turn the knob to the cycle you want (many clicks as you're...
2
2

Sears Dryer
If you get some heat from the dryer would that mean the heating coil is not the problem.?
1
1

Screw size in metal doors
I needed to replace some screws in a metal door hinge where I work They must have used some odd ball size. I tried a #6 metric and it almost fit but didn't. Went to a 1/4 inch in the two number of...
9
9

Have they stopped selling MAPP gas and replaced it with Map-Pro?
Have they stopped selling MAPP gas and replaced it with Map-Pro? did Magna stop selling MAPP® gas? Magna?s fuel supplier was buying MAPP® gas from the petrochemical company, Pétromont and Co., who...
1
1

Did 5/16 Taps Shrink?
The decimal equivalents for F & G size drill bits are as follows F 0.2570 G 0.2610 I've got an old Hanson 5/16-18NC Tap that has "G drill" printed on it. When I used it, I used a G sized bit. I need...
7
7

Alignment Mark on Doorknob
I am changing the doorknob on my front door. I have a used doorknob that I bought at a rumage sale. I noticed it has a small white dot near the edge. I'm assuming this dot is supposed to be placed at...
13
13

Getting Married - Cant afford a Wedding Ring
I'm getting married and I cant afford a wedding ring. I believe it's required to give the bride a ring. I have a bunch of those PEX crimp rings left over from when I replaced the pipes in the...
2
2

Source for replacement soap dish insert?
I'm visiting my inlaws, who are elderly. The plastic soap dish insert in one shower is broken. I'd like to find a replacement, but haven't found a source. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Here's a...
2
2

OT how to flush my radiator, change the antifreeze
This is OT, but I asked in my Chrysler mailing list and no one in the usually busy list has answered in 18 hours, except one who tried, only wrt the last, unrelated line. Well, I can't believe it but...
32
32

removing "paint scrape" from our car
My wife ran up against the painted wooden edge of our garage door while backing out the car. Now we have a scraped bright green against our dark grey, which shows up quite a bit. I used a lot of elbow...
20
20

rubber strip hole cutting tool
anyone know of a tool that would cut a round hole on a rubber strip? Its for a truck car-flag bed rail project I'm working on.
13
13

Ice Dam Prevention
Hi, Our annual problem with ice dams has outdone itself this year. They are doing damage when they fall and I am afraid someone could get hurt. I added insulation in the attic. They form before I can...
4
4

Heat Pump Thermostat Problem
Back in November, my HVAC guy replaced my thermostat on my heat pump with a Honeywell TH8320. He did it at the same time that he corrected a wiring problem near the air handler underneath the house. A...
8
8

Gas dryer installation code requirements.
Does anyone know anything about there being a requirement for installing vinyl or similar non porous sheeting under a gas clothes dryer?
5
5