Subject Author Posted Replies

FYI - Snake in Garden Soil
We bought a large bag of Miracle Grow garden soil mix and a couple bags to topsoil to mix for planting some trees. I dumped all together in a garden cart this morning and started mixing some in some...
6
6

Looking for a decent small drill press
I am looking for a small (8" or so) tabletop drill press that is fairly accurate. I found and 8" one at HF, and when I put it together and = started using it, I found the wobble at the end of the...
7
7

plumber installed faucet wrong way- refuses to fix it, do I have recourse?
I just had a plumber come to my house and install a new faucet in my bathroom... Unfortunately he did not install it correcftly- there is a probelm. I told him this and he says nothing is wroing with...
26
26

Carpet tiles, which ones are good?
Hello, We are thinking about laying carpet tiles in the living room. Normally I don't like them but we sometimes sit guide dog puppies and, well, you know what can happen. Then if it's really bad we...
4
4

Electric Start Backpack Blower Question
Sittin' in the office thinking about a new toy.... Can backpack blowers with electric starters be started while you are wearing them? I have a recoil-only model which I love except for the fact that I...
5
5

Popcorn Ceiling "Border"
One bedroom in the house has a smooth "border" (~3") around the edges of the popcorn ceiling. The other rooms have popcorn from wall to wall. Does this indicate a past problem (leak or ???), or was...
2
2

Homeowner's Insurance Claim -- use it to repair roof?
There was a hailstorm that came through our area last year, and I got around to filing a claim as I suspected that some damage was sustained to our roof. Just about everyone on our street had suffered...
29
29

Offsite records for when your home is blown away
First, put them on CD/DVD - and create hard copy if there's room for it wherever you decide to save it.PDF is a good idea. Safe of your own, kept in basement/lower floor. Safety Deposit Boxes at: Bank...
8
8

Good small electric chainsaw that won't burn itself up on the first use???
What's a good brand of electric pruning saw. Something like an 8" chainsaw. Every cheap electric garden tool I've purchased has burned up very quickly. It's always the same thing. The motor brush...
9
9

Lighting options
I am in the process of putting in overhead lighting in a 24X24 pole barn. It has10 foot ceilings. I am considering fluorescent lighting, understanding I need to get ones with cold weather ballasts....
5
5

making a frame for a Kenmore 721.67909601 microwave
I have a Kenmore 721.67909601 measuring 14.125" x 22.75. I want to buy a frame to accommodate this microwave, but no one sells one. I was thinking of making one from a GE profile frame which is...
8
8

Stanley Mitre Box
I had a lot of trim to cut and fit for a remodeling project I just finished today. The old maple mitre box was getting a bit worn after 20-30 years so I shopped around for a new one. I found a...
5
5

better spiral water hoses?
Hi All, I have been using Alsons double spiral water hoses (495DS69PK) in my shower. Seems to last okay. Now I have to get a new one as the old one is wearing out. Before I buy another one, I though...
3
3

Can you use white for one leg of 240V circuit?
OK, here'e the questiond du jour. Was helping a friend and when we took off the circuit breaker panel cover we discovered that for both AC units, whoever did this used white for one of the 240V hots....
80
80

Swimming pool remodel help needed!
We have a swimming pool built in the early 60's from concrete that has been repaired and going year after year. 11 years ago we had a pool outfit install a liner with new decking around. Worked and...
9
9