Subject Author Posted Replies

Harbor Freight Rotary Tool
Today's Harbor Freight add in our Sunday magazine has an 80 pc Rotary Drill Set for $6.99. The ad shows a drill and a mess of drills. Can I assume that the drill itself is part of the 80 pieces??? I...
17
17

Covering a Semi-Circular Driveway Ideas Sought
I'm looking for clever suggestions/pointers/plans/images to help me construct covered parking on my small driveway for two cars. The driveway is a small semi-circle (center half-circle island is about...
16
16

Condenser Fan replacement CW or CCW which end is it viewed
I have a 25 year old York A/C heat pump and the outdoor unit has a slight vibration. I see that one of the fan blades is cracked. I tried to remove the fan blade from the motor but of course it is...
8
8

Blacktop Repair
The blacktop driveway close to Garage door have sunk in couple of spots collecting water during the rain. I would like to fill this spots and level them so that it becomes even with rest of driveway...
9
9

Good quality screw drivers that don't smell?
I have some craftsman screwdrivers and if I put them in a closed box the whole box will have a stench next time I open it. Apparently, the xcelite handles emits the odor. Is there a way to permenantly...
44
44

Water heater
Well, 0n Thursday I did my now monthly check on our 18 year old GSW (10 year tank) gas water heater and found the insulation was damp, so for the second time in the 26 years we've owned the house, I...
49
49

Replacing burner on 1960's American Standard Boiler..
My 1960's American Standard boiler has the original burner unit which sits on a V shaped steele hook (for the lack of a better word)..I have a like new Becket burner given to me by my dad that bolts...
2
2

Sprinkler system zone looses pressure
I have an underground sprinkler system with 6 active zones. I have had all kinds of issues over the years that I have fixed, but I now have one that has baffled me. Recently one zone decided to act...
6
6

OT Wells Fargo's online banking sucks
I just added Emory Hospital as an automatic payee. Wells Fargo has no caller ID lookup so the chances of finding the address, city, state automatically is 0. (I suggest adding this feature every time...
32
32

Hot Tub Gray Plastic Turned Gold Color
We noticed that most of the plastic fixtures in our hot tub, naturally gray in color, are all coated in a gold color below the waterline. My wife performed a routine chemical treatment yesterday,...
1
1

Goldstar Window AC Problem
This a cheap 5K BTU. The fan will stop and the compressor will cut-out after from over-heating. It's a dual-purpose fan for condenser/expansion coil dissipation. Anyone else have a similar...
14
14

Garage floor - again!
The concrete slab in my garage is not very inspiring. It is clean but it looks kind of raunchy what with color splotches in the concrete and effervescence over the years. I cannot use paint or epoxy...
9
9

2 year old American Standard Central Air system in house.. Just cooling... how ofter service?
Two years ago I had a A. Standard central air system put in my house.. THis is just the cooling.. The company that put it in said to have it yearly maintained... IS this necessary? I use the system in...
3
3

Great product for getting perfect caulk joints
real easy to use this caulking tape. Anyone have experience with it? Where can I buy it? Silicone and seal a bath perfectly including a 3 way corner using CornerTape and sealant Silicone and seal a...
9
9

No overflow - no problem?
Hi, I have a copper sink in the bathroom and because it doesn't have an overflow, the water drains very slowly. It is not too much of a problem, because as the sink begins to fill, it drains more...
14
14