Subject Author Posted Replies

City bans fake grass
Because of lead and cancer-causing ingredients. But only in front yards. "[GLENDALE, Calif] The city of Glendale is imposing a ban on artificial grass. Notices are going out to homeowners whose front...
31
31

OT bottled water for children?
As more and more people, it seems, drink bottled water instead of tap water, are they aslo giving it to their children? And others have mineral filters on their household water. Does that mean that a...
19
19

How To Make Sure You Don't Leave The House When Drunk!
And....They are available for sale too: http://chzallnighter.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/party-fails-house-door-maze-puzzle-lock-drunk.jpg http://tinyurl.com/6kjhdtj...
6
6

Thief Aware!
Ran across this freeware program that might fit in with earlier discussions regarding security cameras. It uses a video capture device to monitor a target area. When the program detects motion, it...
4
4

Superhydrophobic coatings
A coating (spray, paint) that repels water and oils (water, apple sauce, chocolate syrup, motor oil, etc.). This stuff is different from water PROOFING in that it REPELS water. You pour water on it,...
7
7

Sump pump liner install, back-fill with concrete?
I will install a sump pump liner and will dig a hole near a stone wall foundation. My concern is that the hole might weaken the foundation a bit. I have insurance for such things but want to take no...
2
2

Van work bench LED bulb follow up
I found some LED panels for replacing the lamp in stairwell lights that were really bright a couple of years ago. They had some resistors on them that dropped the 120 VAC down to something the diodes...
12
12

Ciruit Board Protection
How to clean rosin flux from circuit boards. Covers choices for solvents, tools and techniques.
30
30

how is it possible?
About 3 years ago, I bought a new Frigidaire microwave, and of course it has a digital clock on it. This crazy clock gains approximately a minute every 2 months. Our stove right below it has a digital...
11
11

Hexagonal concrete stepping stones
I need about 6-8 of these leading to the back gate. I thought they could be bought cheaply at Home Despot, but although they show on the Website, my local HD could not find them via SKU#. Was thinking...
4
4

new light bulbs
read the box the new bulbs are has-mat & you can't just trash them when they burn out.
15
15

Safeguarding your boat against ethanol issues could save you thousands of dollars.
A 6 minute piece on ethanol engine damage by Oregon Public Broadcasting http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/segments/view/1738
1
1

Mixing different setting times of setting type joint compound
Can I get an intermediate setting time by mixing say 20-minute and 90-minute setting joint compound? i.e. will I get a uniform intermediate setting time (assuming I mix it well) or will some set fast...
1
1

Yellowing plastic skylights
We have a couple of non-standard sized skylights that are yellowing with age. They are probably 20+ years old. I'm not sure if they are acrylic or some other plastic. However, they have turned...
7
7

ROOTS IN SEWER PIPE
WILL ROOTS GROW THROUGH PLASTIC SEWER PIPE? E-MAIL WELCOME
3
3