Subject Author Posted Replies

Severed buffalo head found in Boulder (Colorado) front yard
Severed buffalo head found in Boulder yard of a house in the 900 block of 18th Street found a severed buffalo head in their front yard early Sunday morning -- but it wasn't Ralphie's. Police said they...
1
1

CFL for unheated areas?
I didn't think to try the experiment last winter to see how successful (or not) would be during the deep cold. I know the one in the garage will barely come on in really cold weather and while it's...
21
21

Light bulb, thy doom is near!
Opinion piece on the demise of the 100-watt bulb. "Because the end of days is drawing nigh. Not in the Biblical sense, but in the Environmental Protection Agency sense: there were only a scant eight...
79
79

X10 Question - Why do these lights work?
Here's my set up: 1 outside light connected to a WS4777 Three-Way Master and Slave Switch Set 1 outside light connected to a WS467 single switch 1 MS16A motion detector, set to turn the lights off...
9
9

Identify this shrub?
Can anyone identify what type of shrub this is and what it is called? Here are two photos: I have several of these at a property in Eastern Pennsylvania (in Lower Bucks County). They are way too big...
24
24

More Black Friday sales
Sears * Hand and electrical tools * Bras, kitchen tools, etc. Comprehensive coverage of Black Friday 2020. View all Black Friday 2020 Ads, Black Friday 2020 Deals and Sales Online.

Lowes Black Friday sale
Things that caught my eye: * Skil 10" table saw - $69 * 2-gallon air compressor combo - $59 * 30 AA alkaline batteries - $4 * 6' fiberglass stepladder - $19 * 1500 psi pressure washer - $69 * Bedroom...
24
24

Brick straps?
Here in Oklahoma we had the largest earthquake in our recorded history last week. Compared to California it didn't amount to much, but there was some damage. On some homes the brick facing came down....
5
5

sliding wood door
Hello Our living room has a large built-in shelf type monstrosity which is ugly and has become a catch-all for all sorts of things. It's width is 84" divided into 3 equal segments. I have 2 old wood...
5
5

Q about dimmable CFLs vs Non-dimmable ones
I replaced the incandescent bulbs in a 6 bulb fixture with non-dimmable CFLs. I didn't realize it at the time I did it that the switch was a dimmer switch. Realizing it was a dimmer switched circuit I...
7
7

2 Cycle Oil v/s Outboard Oil (for chainsaw)
For my chainsaw I normally buy the oil to add to the gas called 2 Cycle Oil. Recently the store did not have any, so I bought a thing called "Outboard Oil" (which says for 2 cycle outboard engines)....
8
8

Leaking Whirlpool Dishwasher
m the bottom corners of the door. =A0I can not figure out why it happens so= metimes, and other times not. ook good and the "knife edge" of the door that engages on them is good. =A0= I can not see...
1
1

OT: Amazon price markups
As you may know, in addition to the items Amazon itself sells, some of the items that are found at are in fact sold by other vendors: Amazon collects the money, but the order is fulfilled by another...
10
10

Drain plaque
My plumbing woes started the other day when I heard a dripping sound in the basement ceiling. It would coincide with kitchen sink usage (one floor above the basement) so I figured it was a leaking...
19
19

Vent Pipe Part
I am looking to replace the round rubber part at the bottom of this bathroom vent pipe (see link at bottom) where it enters the roof. You can partly see on the other side that the rubber is crumbling...
8
8