Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Senators push bipartisan bill to collect Internet sales taxesor
Will not apply to merchants doing less than $500k in sales. And States will have to opt-in to a new 'simplified' system. Its only a bill... a lonely, lonely bill... sittin' up on Capitol Hill

$26 million home rehab
"When the Texas Governor's Mansion was officially inaugurated in August 1856, at least some of the Bastrop-pine floors had oilcloth coverings, a stylish touch of the day that caused then-Gov. Elisha...
3
3

Programmable Thermostat
On my Totaline Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat, the "Mode Switch" is set to "Heat" and the "Fan Switch" is set to "Auto". Now, how do set the temperature so the heater: heats to 80 degrees at...
10
10

Cutting padlocks
"Robert Green" wrote in news:japdld$sjq$ An ordinary hacksaw or Dremel will do just fine, althought it may take you a few minutes to cut through the hasp. I've cut through a few with my Dremel and the...
78
78

Visual screen for garden junque area
We are redoing a back area formerly occupied by (a) laying hens and then (b) vegetable garden. Years ago we laid brick in an area approx 12'x 16'' against the neighbor fence. It is occupied by...
1
1

Carpet Cleaning business equipment/questions
I am seriously considering starting a small carpet cleaning business and I am in the middle of doing research about it. Basically, I wouldn't be doing the actual carpet cleaning myself. Instead, I...
21
21

'stick-um' for a friction fit pulley?
I've got an old-ish [10yrs?] treadmill that I stuck in the outdoor gazebo for my morning walk when it rains or whatever. Lately it started slipping a bit every so often. So I pull it apart & it looks...
4
4

(OT) Car stereo adoptor "thingie" ????
They sell some sort of device that you plug a portable MP3 into it, and that thing sends the music to a blank radio frequency so the mp3 player can be heard on the car radio. What are these things...
20
20

Looking for a more sensitive thermostat
Yes, I realize what I'm asking for will mean that my furnace/AC will be running less efficiently, but I'm willing to give this up for comfort. I've had two thermostats in two different homes over the...
42
42

Thanksgiving Terrorism Alert 2011
NOTICE: Terrorism Alert for Thanksgiving 2011. Before carving or eating your turkey today, be sure to thoroughly check it for bombs, and other explosives. Turkeys loaded with explosives are a major...
4
4

JOKE: While shopping...
Two guys, one old one young, are pushing their carts around Wal-Mart when they collide. The old guy says to the young guy, 'Sorry about that. I'm looking for my wife, and I guess I wasn't paying...

Santa Claus is coming to Town (on Thanksgiving)
He'll be dressed up like a TURKEY...... Being pulled by eight flying craindeers..... errrrrrrr, maybe that's cranberrys....

OT There are some smart people in this world
is not very exciting to watch, but a pretty impressive do it yourself project. This stand-alone robot solves Rubik's cube automatically. See http://tiltedtwister.com for info and building...

Second Story Height Limit
I would like to add a second story addition to my home. My homeowners association limits building height to 18 feet and also states that the roof must have a minimum pitch of 4 inches in 12 inches. Is...
28
28

PEX for homebrew .............
Getting ready to plumb up some stuff, and was wondering if I should use PEX. Tinker-Toy easy to work with, and reasonably priced. Have you used it? Would you recommend it? How about sanitary-wise? On...
5
5