Where did Harbor Freight come from?

I have 9 different Harbor Freight advertisements sitting on my desk at the moment, every one is different although many of the ads on any sheet have about 80% of the advertised specials found on the other sheets. This led me to wonder just where Harbor Freight came from. I don't recall hearing anything about the company until about 3-4 years ago, and then they suddenly seemed to be all over the place, both in advertisements and their retail stores. Anyone know actual facts about their history?

Reply to
hrhofmann

There's been a lot of discussion over the years...seems as though were some serious fallings-out within the family as well. I don't know too much and don't really care to dig it out; it's essentially same as celebrity-following--not worth the bother.

$0.02, etc., of course...

--

Reply to
dpb

Reed

Wikipedia says they started in 1968. Read all about them here:

HTH,

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hanig

Interesting. Their site says 1977 and I would have sworn I ordered stuff from them in 73-74 -ish. I wonder if there is some legal deal or if that's a typo on their site.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht