yards of concrete

formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep

Reply to
Tommy

Avast 'er maty....only one yar required, 'or 'omethin that deep!

Reply to
sky

Andy replies:

9'X12'x4' is 432 cubic feet

There are 27 cubic feet per cubic yard.

Carry on,

Andy

Reply to
Andy

That's a very thick slab.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Yeah, on the off chance it was 4" thick it is ((9*12)*(4/12))/27 or about

1 -1/3 yards
Reply to
PipeDown

That's a Jimmy Hoffa slab.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

It is usually good to calculate the number of cubic yards based on 25 cubic feet per yard, this avoids running short due to spillage and/or for extra deep spots that need more material. Running short can be quite a problem when trying to get it finished before it starts to set, so some overage is always better, unless you are buying from a truck that mixes it as you take it and you pay according to a meter on the truck.

Reply to
EXT

Four FEET deep?

15.6

Four inches?

1.32
Reply to
Norminn

Damn, that must be a BIG flag pole.

Reply to
PanHandler

Shortcut ... 81 sq/ft per yard at 4" thick

Reply to
gfretwell

Nice tip. Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey

What is sad is all the tax dollars we give to fund public education. this is fifth grade math. I want my money back.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Remember, Ed. We now live in the liberal era. Whether you are stupid or not doesn't matter. It's most important that you don't feel bad about feeling stupid. Or make some stupid person feel bad about feeling stupid.

HTH.

Steve, who wants to go back to the old ways and days

Reply to
Steve B

There you go again Edwin :):)

The little dumb-asses feel good about themselves. Isn't that what really matters?

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Yeah, try to get one of the High school genius' to count change back to you at the cash register. They can't do it.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

I particularly like it when they wad it into a semi ball and drop it all in your hands, bills, change, and all.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

My first thoughts when I saw the OP

  1. His calculator battery died.
  2. His pinky finger is broken.

God help us!

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Since when did public schools teach math?

Reply to
Larry Bud

They teach it. But it has "evolved" over time:

Evolution of the Math Problem

1960: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of this price. What is his profit?

1970 (traditional math): A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of this price, in other words $80. What is his profit?

1970 (new math): A logger exchanges a set L of lumber for a set M of money. The cardinality of set M is 100 and each element is worth $1. Make one hundred dots representing the elements of the set M. The set C is a subset of M and its complement is the set P. Circle the elements of the set P of profit.

1980: A logger sells a truckload of wood for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: underline the number 20.

1990 (outcome based education): By cutting down beautiful forest trees, a logger makes $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? (Topic for class participation: How did the forest birds and squirrels feel?)

2002: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $120. How does Arthur Andersen determine that his profit margin is $60?

Reply to
Ether Jones

I stopped after 1960. =20

I think a fifth is a pretty good deal ---- especially if it's Scotch = (Single Malt)