Wing mirrors on cars

I rest my case M'lud.

Reply to
boltar

... no contribution.

Plot the forces on paper and sort your own ideas out before you reply again.

I did not know they had weight penalties - something they should introduce in other classes of racing. But the penalty is based on performance, not configuration.

Looking deeper, the main objective seems to be to close the field up, not change the order.

Reply to
TMS320

When I bought an old engine and put it in the back of my car for transport, the suspension nearly bottomed out.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Your case is wrong.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

He is quite correct. And you are, as we all know, a prat.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

And the several million drivers that speed every day aswell?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Prats are prats. You are a prat.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Answer the question.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Probably mainly prats. In any case, you are on record as saying that if anyone else on the road makes a misleading error you are going to drive straight at them as though they had done things right (eg someone turning right without indicating who you can see is likely to do so) and enjoy colliding with them if it is their "fault". (Fault is in inverted commas because the guilt is equally shared with anyone who could have avoided the accident; even by backing down.)

Now, either, 1. you lie in an naive, acting-out sort of way like a 9 year old boy; or 2. your mind simply doesn't work like that of an ordinary human being. I don't know, and I don't care, which is true.

Driving at 80mph on a road used by slow-moving agricultural vehicles without slowing down when you see one tends towards the second theory.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

alt.home.repair:624955

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Why the f*ck should I make up for other people's lies? If someone says "I'm turning left" and they don't, they're a liar and deserve to have their car and license removed.

Actually 80mph on straight A road, tractor pulls out form a field without looking so I'm forced to overtake, then he immediately turns right across my path without checking his mirror. The little shit's father blamed him and not me for ruining his tractor for the harvest.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You called me a prat for speeding, yet you don't seem to realise half the country does so aswell.

I was not forging, I was bypassing a killfile.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Riiiight...

Physics is not your strong point really is it. I suggest you go take a crash course in newtonian mechanics before you reply again.

It would seem there are quite a few things you don't know.

Reply to
boltar

Why do you think roads have speed limits in the first place? Have a think about it.

Reply to
boltar

When you have you plotted out the forces I will let you give me one.

You're right, I am not a deity...

...but I looked up the facts.

Reply to
TMS320

No one is this dumb, you're obviously trolling. Go back under your bridge.

While you're there maybe come up with an alternative explanation of what turns a car if it has nothing to do with the front wheels that we can all have a good laugh at. Perhaps a little pixie in the boot with a magic crystal? Be creative!

Reply to
boltar

They shouldn't. Why do you think about 50% of the country speeds? Rules are for the obedience of fools. Wise men realise that a straight country road is safer than a bendy one even though both say 60. Only an IAM moron would go at the same speed on both.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You have not offered anything that I can give an alternative to. In asking you to define your "steering" force, it does not imply that turning a car has nothing to do with the front wheels - or even, the back wheels.

The original has disappeared, so here is a reminder:

It should be simple enough, if you think your physics is up to it. Since you reply with insults, it clearly isn't.

Reply to
TMS320

Wow, just wow. If you think the steering force and engine force are a single combined force, perhaps you'd like to tell us how a car can go around corners when coasting then? Take your time.

Hint: The reactive force of the front wheels on the road causes a torque on the car body depending on the angle of the front wheels to the direction of motion. But I'm sure you knew that and you're not really as thick as pigshit.

Reply to
boltar

Sounds like it's many a year since you've driven an auto.

Most modern ones will drop a gear or two automatically if the car 'runs away' down a hill. And most have coolers to keep the TC temperature within limits. But then most have TC locking clutches these days too - so the TC is only used at low engine speeds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)