Wind turbines used to absorb a power surplus?

Why do you think they are installing those 5G masts on every street corner?

There is also the under pavement 100G fibre networks being installed throughout the country with the machine readers every 10 metres for better tracking resolution :)

Reply to
alan_m

I invented the concept of connecting a motor to a generator and making free power. I think I was about 7 years old.

Youtube is full of similar schemes.

Reply to
John Larkin

If the goal is to waste excess power, pumped hydro will work fine.

Reply to
John Larkin

I'm kind of autistic and don't much care for people or music or art, but I love romantic stories [1]. I guess the tiny mating part of my brain survived being crowded out by electronics.

That makes sense evolutionarily. If engineers weren't romantic, they would be selected out of the population and everybody would be artists.

There must be a reason that some women, generally great women, like enginers but I haven't figured out why.

[1] Favorite book A Damsel In Distress tied with The Art Of Electronics

Favorite movie Pride and Prejudice 2005

Reply to
John Larkin

Yeah seem a few video shorts of cats doing that.

But I doubt many birds die like that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sure. Everything dies eventually, so if you create more critters, more will die.

Reply to
John Larkin

Someone published an alleged circuit diagram - it was actually for a wah wah FX pedal.

I didnt think you could get stupider than remoaners or Greens. I was wrong.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

God, I hope so...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Lots of seedy things go rancid. Fritos don't.

I stand on our deck and dramatically eat a few Fritos. That annoys the ravens waiting in the trees, and they fly up to get theirs before they are all gone.

Reply to
John Larkin

Yawn. It has to be a very STUPID bird.

Neither do you. I am sorry to dent your denialism, but around 20 million birds a year have to die.

Out here where there are at the moment no cats at all, I am not inundated with them

Probably because I dont feed the weaklings that get fat fall off the bird table and cant fly because of laziness and obesity

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cataract surgery involves using a needle to emulsify and slurp out the old lens, and then uses another needle to inject the new artificial lens. It takes about 10 minutes.

Reply to
John Larkin

No, there are really not

They arent starting from cold. They are running at maybe 80%. Responses to steam throttles are instantanoous

You missed steam out of that list.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Here they dint shoot any deer for a few years. I saw over a hundred in a herd. The next year they got professional hunter in to get them down to the 10-20 herd sizes.

They have destroyed about 80% of anything I ever planted.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Those aren't birds. They are social security scroungers

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Depends on what you mean by romantic.

Most are into f****ng.

Reply to
Rod Speed

For some people, that is a component of romance.

Reply to
John Larkin

For plenty its the f****ng that they are into, no romance involved.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sometimes dead coyotes are hung off a fence on that theory. Other things too.

rbowman

rbowman

Genetics isn't that simple.

Reply to