Wind turbines used to absorb a power surplus?

Considering how hard it is to cycle uphill, I was surprised when I went to a small dry ski slope and the tow rope to get you up there was running off a 12V car battery! I didn't see them swap over the battery for the few hours I was there.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So you have a diverter to waste a bit of energy while it calms down.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why? Always been once a year here.

Ours was inside the house, they had to catch you in.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No you're not. It's capped at 39p.

Bollocks. 20 years ago it was more like 13p. In the 80s, my parents paid 10p/3p at night.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Where did you find an economy 7? I used to get 20% off at night, but they even took that away.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Very easy to stick the washer/dryer/dishwasher on a timer.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why not do what I do and pay what you actually use each month, instead of the always wrong amount they make up, causing you or them to owe the other hundreds of pounds?

Contrary to the bullshit they tell you, it's not helpful to you. Better to pay more in winter and less in summer, then you can afford holidays!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Cars have always been cheaper and more convenient. Fuck the railways.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If they make a massive profit, just buy shares in them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's what animals do, why do you consider humans weaker than other animals?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

All those guys are sissies. Building shelters and all that shit.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Skinny sexy folk look even better with beer too.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Just sit on the ice.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You mean you open the windows by hand!?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Or recycle them to make more blades.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Which could just as easily run on electricity.

It is a limited supply.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I doubt a blade costs as much as enough fuel to run a power station for 3 months.

At current costs, wind turbines are actually 10 times cheaper than average.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yip, I know a guy like that, makes model trains from melted down drinks cans and milk bottles. The trains look better than Hornby ones.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey